I need a little information

Okay, so I have been absent from Overwatch and the forums for a LONG time so I’m going to ask a little favor for some catching up. What’s new around here? Any important balance changes? Information on Overwatch 2? Current Metas? Thanks in advance for the help.

Yours Truly,
Gundham.

(I also still have Level 3. Nice.)

1 Like

The most important update is that we now have cross play which is wonderful

1 Like

Oh, I think I saw that at some point earlier today. That’s nice.
(And a little scary for a console player like me)

Crossplay. You need to create a battlenet account and link it to your psn. However you should read the informative posts about it because there are a lot of misconceptions I’m not going over.

Region Lock. Basically it puts you on the server closest to you and gets rid of the option to choose your region (which was only done on pc as far as im aware in the battlenet app), so EU players who like to play on NA are pissed. There’s also the possibility of being placed in a region much further from you.

Most recent patch reverts the global ranged hitscan falloff buff back to 30%, soldier ult no longer has falloff, bastion spread in recon from 1.5 to 1.2, Widow falloff starts at 70 instead of 60, dva’s remech does 250 dmg (I think you missed it), but now it’s range is 2.5 from 3 and she now longer receives ult charge for the remech before the bomb goes off.

Not much major changes tbh.

1 Like

Widow buff AND Nerf…
I’ll take the buff in stride.

Oh dear. I don’t like that.

I know that one but the inability to charge Call Mech while casting Self-Destruct is oddly funny considering it’s targeted specifically towards Echo.

1 Like

The drop-off stuff is currently only on the Experimental, though! Don’t head into another mode only to get your head blown off!

1 Like

I mean it starts at 70 it’s barely gonna do anything, just gonna fix it for the few spots where the falloff actually mattered…

If you just play on your native server (which you probably do since you’re on console) it doesn’t matter.

Won’t effect her.

Nice to see you back! Hope you can make a Battlenet account and maybe we could play together!

1 Like

English my gosh

1 Like

Anyway, OP, in case you missed the OW2 info from the 20th of May onwards, such as moving to 5v5 (122) and possible movement acceleration:

And an AMA:

1 Like

Just assume that every hero you enjoy is demonstrably worse than the last time you played and you’ll be golden

1 Like

We no longer have a region selector, so everyone is on a “global server” and you’re put on a server closest to you… unless you have a long queue time then it’ll put you somewhere else to “reduce queue times” :sunglasses: so you can no longer play on NA if you’re from EUR etc.

From Aus/NZ and play outside of peak time? Enjoy being put on a server with 150ping lol

i missed you gundham :cry:

3 Likes

Aww, I missed you too.

2 Likes