I need a grid or something

I remember asking for help as reaper and was told “you picked reaper with those tanks “.

Every once in awhile in vod s it’s like I’ll pick tracer with Moria and Lucia as my healer and though a good point, their healing is limited, may not be good for tracer.

So please, putting team strats aside because “in my Elo it doesn’t matter”. For every healer combo and every tank combo, what’s the best dps….

Something like that exist?

I literally wrote out THIS exact answer for you in the discord the first night you, Niccolo and I did your VOD. :woman_facepalming:t2::roll_eyes:

Soooo…. You’re telling me fundamental rules of the game don’t matter simply because of rank?!

Very interesting.

Let me know how much value you gain playing Mei into Pharmacy.

3 Likes

I don’t have access to that convo…

Geez man reaching out for some info and I get fish slapped.

You wouldn’t read it anyways.

Ask a more direct question and I’ll give you an answer.

2 Likes

You’ll prolly get more HP mileage out of working on eating less spam and playing corners better on the heroes you like to play, rather than swapping to whatever is the most optimal pick to pair with your healers “on paper”, but that isn’t the answer you asked for so if you don’t accept it I won’t mind :grin:

Only time I’m ever worried about heals on dps is it I want to play a flying hero without ana zen or mercy, but I don’t play flying heroes in the first place so… :grin:

4 Likes

Thanks… no this is insightful. To me Reaper can always “wraith” back, kinda like Doomfist. Tracer sometimes does get caught out there, so a zen orb is helpful.

I guess calc / rhain was just trying to make me feel bad at the time (maybe why he didnt post the “insightful” stuff in public).

no1 will ever kno the answers to questions like these until they try it.
and then try try it again and again.

u don’t get better following the path set out by coaches.
that’s a shortcut and skips much of the path

You already said it doesn’t matter in your rank.

I offered to answer a more direct question as your indirect question requires a larger answer.

I guess I gave you too much credit assuming you like succinct and concise responses.

3 Likes

Someone in that same chat - said it doesnt matter. I was referring to the convo. We were chatting and someone said it didnt matter.

Seriously how can a info gaining thread turn into a mud fight? And they say… And they say… I’m toxic?

Did I hurt you that bad?

I just wanted a guide… I really did. Nic setup some google docs on my VODs… I was looking for a collective location.

And how can I ask a specific question? There are so many combinations of healers. I guess we separate healers with

LoS: Ana, Zen, Bap
Area: Lucio, Brig
Beam: Mercy

For tanks… can we separate them into different types?
and ultimately what would be good for a Reaper? Heal side / Tank side.

I think I am going to drop tracer… just not getting the results I want.

Coaching isn’t about setting up a path for someone to follow (unless it’s something specific like aim training).

It’s more about opening the dialogue of why certain decisions are better/worse than other decisions.

Example: You can tell someone that high ground is important and then they’ll only ever play high ground instead of realizing it’s a dynamic concept.

It wasn’t me. Because that’s not the direction I was pointing you in.

You base it off of the main support or the main tank.

Example: If you get Rien and ball, you base it off of Rien. Rien is always the team anchor. Keep him alive, you’ll probably win.

If you get Lucio and Mercy, you base it off of Mercy (hopefully you don’t get that often).

As I wrote to you in both an email and in the discord:

• Brawl (Rien)
  • Dive (Monkey or Ball)
  • Bunker (sigma or Orisa)

There are sub-variations of these 3 but these are the primary team compositions.

Preferably: Anything Brawl. Rien/Zar, Rien/DVa, Rien/Hog, Hog/Zar.

Team compositions that play close range and engage as a group. When they get separated they’re vulnerable due to lack of movement abilities.

Sure…. Reaper has teleport but it’s easily exploited. Same with wraith.

Support (ideal): Lucio/Ana, Lucio/Moira.

Reaper requires getting up close and into the fight and if your mercy is pocketing your tank while Lucio stays on speed boost the whole game, you’re going to be starved of sustain. Zen is OK if he actually heals you but you can’t rely on it.

I found tracers skill ceiling to be high but once you start getting the hang of it, you see a lot of value. But it’s easy to misjudge that value.

2 Likes

I didn’t say to disregard team comp entirely, what I said META heroes are not important until Top 500, and even then you can still play whatever you are good at to compensate for not choosing META heroes. In anywhere below OWL level, you should be playing and improving your favorite and best heroes.

I personally force Lucio into most matches I play, even in GM+, because that’s my best Support which I can get the most value on, there are a few exceptions where I generally have to switch like in a Pharmercy or Poke comp.

You could have played reaper in that VOD and been effective IF you actually communicated with your team and played together, but you were playing too much on your own and pushing out of sync to your teammates which resulted in you getting easily focused and dying multiple times.
But since no teamplay or communication was present from your side, then you should have swapped to McCree and stayed with your team

1 Like