I’m done with comp (console)

Comp is just unplayable it really is. On Sunday I was 2935 and now I’m currently sitting at 2475. I have won absolutely nothing every game has been an absolutely devastating loss.

My team never communicates, they don’t group up, they don’t coordinate ults that can be combined, DPS aren’t killing anything, there’s a leaver every other game, tanks aren’t shielding their DPSing. I am trying my absolute hardest, I am putting in everything I have trying to flex etc but it doesn’t help nothing helps.

These people I am getting placed with don’t care they don’t wanna try. It’s extremely depressing and soul crashing when you’re able to maintain a high SR and can keep yourself there but then all of a sudden I just go on this horrible horrible losing streak out of no where. I go from playing with these amazing people to playing with horrible ppl who don’t care

7 Likes

I know how you feel. :frowning:
Just started a thread on this being my worst season ever.

1 Like

Use lfg. I Never solo q because while you can carry games. Their is luck involved with the match maker.

1 Like

Ive been playing console for a while. I was 3.1 k now 3.3 k

I suggest you quit flexing. Unless completely necessary.

You need to find your best hero and how to carry at that level.

2 Likes

The thing is I main Mercy I’m really good with her I can end the match with good stats etc. I also play Moira and do good as her as well. The only time I flex is when support is taken and I can play some dps and like 3 tanks. I’d say I’m decent in every category not amazing but decent. My win rates with my most played in comp are mercy 52% Moira 55% Orissa 64%

Well, if I would throw out my opinion on how I got into diamond and above is actually due to me not looking at my own performance in regarding statistics.

I know it seems kind of silly, but hear me out.

At this point of the game, trying to reach into diamond is harder than people lay out it to be. When you are in high plat, you have to realize that you are actually within the top 30 percentile of players. So you aren’t a majority by any rate. Your game-play is superior as well as your stats to a good number of players.

At this higher level of gameplay, (even if the master players will still make fun of diamond players lol) you can’t play like a decent player anymore. You have to understand that at this point of the game you are reaching to be the top players. Everything you do to climb rank will be more on precise movements and ability choices.

This just leaves more room for error and precise play making.
I normally do no look at win rates as an indicator for a player, because there are too many variables to consider a win rate viable for evaluating a player’s performance.

So, don’t think too poorly of yourself and try to become better than average. I suggest watching positive players within the community and look at the positioning and ability usage. Try watching Jayne on twitch as well, he is a great resource for learning how to climb and climb well.

But, as always, if you do not feel comfortable playing competitive, the best thing to do is take a break. It won’t be helpful for you to come into a game expecting to tilt. Cuz thats probably whats going to happen lol

Another great thing to do is review your own videos. I do that with my highlights and POTGs all the time. Instead of saying “woah, look at all those kills i got” i say “where was i positioned and how did i frag”. Most of the time i end up scolding myself on being out of position, and lucky that the enemy team was also way out of position lol

hope this helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Mercy nerfs makes her a bad pick now, switch to Moira stay alive and spam heals during team fight. And do any damage you can in between.

Wait until about mid-November. There are a lot of other games coming out really soon, and the people who aren’t serious about Overwatch will all go play them. Your opponents will get harder, but your team will start working together again, just like happened this time last year.

I was in the same boat as you two weeks ago. I was 2998 or so, and within that time I had dropped to 2300’s. It was at that point I started to ask myself
am I really that bad?” I began taking a small break and played Quickplay for a time, along with some Tekken here and there, and once I felt a bit better, and my aim began to improve to what it was, I went back in and climbed! Now I’m 3010 and couldn’t be more proud of myself.
If you feel you need time away from Competitive or even Overwatch in general, consider another game or activity, then come back when you feel ready to take on the world!

1 Like

Using LFG does help a bit. But it only goes so far. True, you get people who communicate and are less toxic. But it doesn’t help with the other things.

The last few games I’ve had: I got 3 picks - both their healers and a dps - but got myself picked. So, in theory we should be at an advantage at a 5 vs 3 with both of our healers. Nope, my team just dies for no reason. Game is going well overall, and we still lose the game at the last second. Games like this make me want to uninstall.

1 Like

Feel you bro. The current state of competitive Is utterly horrible. Absolutely no fun in trying, so I just play what gives me more fun, if the team is cooperative, I flex and try my best, otherwise, just play my top heroes. The game is a joke, blizzard have taken too long to fix this awful mode. Just don’t worry about SR or tier, are useless at the end.

2 Likes

Add me I’ll play with you see what we can do. I am NA but play all sorts of hours since we have a fluxuating schedule. Is your peak 2900?

Why are you posting on a smurf account?

Lose streaks suck but if your deserved your rank you’ll climb back. I dropped from 2975 to 2500 last season but still managed to climb back and peak at Diamond

1 Like

If you dropped that much, wouldn’t it be your fault?

1 Like

I firmly believe Its not possible to lose 500 sr and have absolutely nothing be your fault. Some advice, worry more about yourself than your teammates, I’m sure you’re making a bunch of mistakes that you don’t even realize you’re making.

Eh, my highest has been 2800 (this season highest was around 2700 I think?) and I was at around 1950 as of last night. I think I lost about 14 games, not quite in a row… 2 wins. 4 of 14 games I lost were due to leavers on our side.

The age of the game has enabled smurf accounts to troll / dominate during the middle of each season. In addition ( and by far a much worse problem) the initial MMR / SR for new players from other games is terribly off, and they should be placed much, much lower initially. Sure, they can aim, but that’s not what OW is really about unless it comes to Pharah…

Speaking of which, a semi-competent Pharah pretty much decides the outcome of any game in Gold or lower unless her team is made up entirely of characters (solo / flankers) who can’t won’t get on the point.

1 Like

It’s not a smerf account. I started off on PC when they did their whole free weekend thing but my computer can’t run the game properly so I went with console instead.

@Zephyr Sure I was making mistakes as healer, who doesn’t make mistakes in the game. The main issue I am running into is the lack of team coordination and people playing who they want when it’s not going to work against the enemy comp and so forth.

I fluctuate 1000Sr up and down on this stupid platform, for 2 years.

• Consoles are a 6yo Christms Gift
  • I have 7 accounts FREE , so dose the rest of the player base WE ARE THE OW SMURF LAND WE HAVE NO REAL RANK. Games in Silver are harder than plat.
  • U need to have a good ping
  • Babies cannot justify to parents HeadGears
  • Babies are intimidated by adults
  • Adults who play in console are UBER CASUAL PLAYERS RE E SPORTS otherwise they would have Nvdia cards 144hz monitors etc3
  • Parents pull the plug to feed the underage = Quitters in every 3d game

Somebody can say the same thing as you. Everybody is complaining. You think you’re the only one on your team that’s saying ‘nothing is getting done, everything and everyone is crap’ ?

Best believe a tank or Support on your team is blaming you playing DPS saying ‘he’s not killing anything’ while you’re going ‘I’m not getting no heals’ or ‘where are my tanks?’

You’re right, nobody is trying anymore. Including you. Or maybe you’re trying and everybody else is trying just as well but you’re not seeing it because obviously you can only see and observe your own game.

So you can blame everyone as much as you want. While somebody is blaming you equally aswell. Its just a merry go round.