I lowkey don't want Symmetra to be a healer

I highkey do i been blasting spongebob its the best day ever all day

7 Likes

I see your point, but she is already a very fragile DPS and team dependant hero, her survivability and self-defense is so low that she might as well be a support at this point.

Either way I appreciate your concerns, it was obvious that some people would like dps Sym (I like her too), another rework its going to create even more division among Sym mains.

7 Likes

The Sym players that want her to be a healer are the same ones that think current TP at spawn is good.

She’s always been a DPS, even when she was a support and should stay a DPS.

22 Likes

I don’t think we can lose anything. She won’t ever shine between DPS but still can shine between supports. That’s the only way to make her more viable without nerfing her to ground.

3 Likes

Community should push back hard on any overly heal focused attempts or anything that butchered her further, especially without restoring anything that was taken.

But a high utility/damage, low healing off-support seems like the best way to satisfy most of her players and carve out a truly viable spot for her.

Plus, in general, we really, really, need a real third off-support and for Support to move back a tad from the current overly heavy heal direction.

1 Like

I’ve actually just created a healer rework idea that keeps both Shield Generator, Teleporter and her current Primary/Secondary Fire. The idea primarily focuses around healing with utility on the side.

Which could just as easily come in the form of Sanjay. Sym doesn’t have to be reworked again to satisfy the playerbase. Even if she were, many wouldn’t be satisified, because a lot of them just want the noodle beam and shield generator back, and neither of those will happen so they’ll never be satisified.

Sanjay is already in the lore and another builder coming along wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world nor do I feel the concept is even good enough to compete with current Sym.

Give her back her old beam and make it work like Moira where it heals and does damage, same for her turrets.

I wan mah turrets i wan mah shieldy boi i want junkrat to be telling his team i got my shieldy boi my floaty car window on E nd add on a passive aura heal to keep the wild Genjis happy

3 Likes

I want a healer Sym as long as her main focus isn’t healing. I would love it if they gave her an ability that provided a small bit of healing but had her more focused on utility and damage. Kind of like Zen.

4 Likes

Sanjay is such a boring character design wise though and obviously a less likeable personality from what we saw, not really an adequate substitute for anyone who likes Sym for her character and appearance as much as the kit.

1 Like

She’s survived so many changes, I don’t care anymore.
People didn’t stop playing her then, they won’t stop in future.
I’d like them to stop kidnapping support heroes
(Sym, Echo)

You say that, but the kit is what people were truly upset over and what all the discussions tend to revolve around. It’s not like adding him would detract from what is already there with Sym, but removing this current kit on Sym does delete it. That’s what was posted constantly. “Syms deleted she’s been replaced it’s something else wearing her skin” etc. despite the fact that most of what was changed was healthy for both the hero and the game.

I want her as a support.
NOT just another backline healbot.

We’ve not had a pure utility support since Launch in the form of Zen. I’d hope Symmetra could fill a similar dps/utility role with just enough healing to take the slack off the other support.

1 Like

Give symmetra a glock

2 Likes

i agree, i wish they went with shield support somehow
consistent ability to keep allies in a fight without healing white health

but eh

she was in support, she should have been made into a real support, not swap roles to begin with

hi, nope from here, try again

honestly, this

he’s also the best candidate for a tank builder

aside from another torb/brig engineer style, Vishkar, with their light-bending tech, is an absolutely incredible opportunity that i hope they don’t shy away from

which, also, not to meniton, separating all of them, would mean we have a builder for each role

which would be good or bad depending on their interactions

but more variety in different areas can lead to more options; you can’t have two builders currently without having a non-builder dps, etc

speak for yourself

i absolutely adore the generic design, it speaks volumes to Vishkar as a company, and i feel like him being deadpan would be pretty great for the game’s humor

plus, the interactions between Symmetra, Lucio, and him would be pretty great, then being a Talon council member, as well, there’s lots for him to defend, and a lot that could lead into more

4 Likes

I’m excited at the possibilities. They said the healing turrets didn’t really feel like they worked, and i’ll agree, but what if she had a different method of healing and several different kinds of buildables for utility.

Like a healing station for one, maybe a damage boosting station, maybe a floating drone that will follow a target around and heal them a small amount, maybe old photon barrier. I feel like there’s an infinite amount of potential for a hero who’s lore defines her as being able to create anything.

I also have a vision for the right click where it goes back to being a pierce, but it also works like the plasma pistol from halo. But instead of homing in on enemies, it would home in on allies, and provide a healing/overshielding (like brigs overarmor effect, except less annoying because not armor) effect, and on enemies it would do some moderate damage, but wouldn’t home in on them.

She was primarily a utility support hero and you can see tis by how inconsistent and unreliable her damage dealing was aside from being literally right in her squishy 200hp face.

Her orbs were less about getting frags and more about denying space. Her sentries were area denial and to monitor flanks. Her shields provided sustain and a pseudo heal. and teleporter was rez with extra steps.

She did damage but that doesnt mean she WAS a dps. DPS are made to get kills at the end of the day. She didnt depend on kills she depended on auxiliary gameplay.

This was her concept anyway. By the time the game went live she had her shields nerfed to 25 and she was basically doomed from the start.

Quick edit: Symmetra was a lot more of a thematic support than a straight up healer. She was a support in a very subtle way which was her whole thing. She was effective but very subtle.

Quoting my own response on this healer thinking:

I like Sym, she was over-nerfed though to the point that there is little reason in most cases not to run Torbjorn instead.

I was disturbed that the idea of making her a Support came around. Some Sym players think this signals a return to form; let me assure it does not .

What you will get is this: Sym losing even more distinctness and become a heal-bot. The trend with Supports has been to weaken their special abilities as much as possible (with the exception of Ana who is granted exempt status and Lucio), the rest are consigned to just healing around an average.

If Sym is truly converted to a Support, here’s what will happen:

• No change in primary/secondary or secondary turns into a HOT utility mimicking Brig
  • Turrets will likely be converted to heal points, basically mobile health packs, no damage
  • No shield generator. Period.

Y’all are hoping for shield gen, that will never return. OTOH, you stand to lose a lot with the turrets… you might even lose the teleporter entirely . I mean thats the way they treat supports… trust me, you want her as a DPS because DPS gets the cool abilities in OW more than any other.

i think this was when they were primary heal, though

they didn’t give much information, but it seems like they didn’t try using them as supplemental healing, which is what the problem was

ayo can i get them lottery numbuhs while you at this

i know i definitely don’t

no more feast/famine/goose chase mechanics
which is also why i disagree with healing turrets

literally where

where are her turrets a good mechanic in this game besides wood tier

that’s why she’s currently a teleport bot, and only good for her beam and ult
yea, definitely, “cool” abilities, a stronger zarya beam, and a bigger reinhardt barrier

literally teleporter is the only “cool” or “unique” thing about her, and it’s still causing her to be an absolute mess

honestly i hope they decide to get rid of the teleporter, so she can at least be a useful hero