I love total mayhem

Only mode I like the play. Sure it’s heavily unbalanced, but the concept of high intensity, less instant death, and low cooldown makes for some fun gaming.

In saying that, Blizzard you shafted me this week with throwing it out of rotation. Very disappointed.

Also if Blizzard decided to balance this mode, it would be insane fun for everyone who hates it because of Sombra and Winston’s infinite shielding.

27 Likes

I’d say it’s more balanced in that more heroes are viable than in the normal game. The only hero you can say is a bad pick is Widowmaker.

10 Likes

I was thinking Zenyatta but I’d give that win to Widow, and make Zen second. Lol

1 Like

Zenyatta’s ult is at least useful. Widow’s is pretty much a worse Hanzo Sonic Arrow.

8 Likes

You are a special breed…I’ve tried to play the game mode…but I either have bad luck or EVEY SINGLE game is identical…giant slugfest on top of the objective/payload…no one dies and nothing happens for several minutes…usually always the same characters played…

I got very tired of it,…very quickly

True. I agree with your pick 100%.

1 Like

Enjoy this Total Mayhem PotG I got the other day: TEAM KILL - YouTube

2 Likes

It’s the second most enjoyed arcade gamemode, I wish it appeared more frequently :frowning:

6 Likes

It’s because there are characters that everyone know are superior in this mode, hence why I said it’s unbalanced. But I do believe that if Blizzard balanced it, it would be superior to the normal play.

I absolutely love total mayhem as well, for the only exception of doomfist players. It’s hell…

2 Likes

Accidentally joined it once (thought i was joining No Limits and not realized the game mode had cycled out), and played it as Orisa. Whoa, double health, double armor, double shields, half cooldowns, same damage outputs.

That was awesome, ended up playing for that weeks lootbox run and some more after that.

Problem is, when i went back to the normal games, my timings were completely messed up and it was like i was back to being a noob. Fumbling shields, misjudging how long it’s going to last, charging in when abilities are still on cooldown, etc.

As fun as that was, i really can’t play it.

That’s what Sombra is for. There are games where it’s just one fight for the entire game.

Its the second most popular mode next to mystery heroes, and considering mystery is permanent, mayhem should at least be there once a week. at least.

2 Likes

Doesn’t this also describe competitive tho? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I’ve been waiting the whole week to play it but guess what? No total mayhem, not a single day :frowning:

2 Likes

No it doesn’t…I literally meant every match…like I think back to the few occasions when I did try it. (Probably a year ago)…and every single match was Winston, Moira, doomfist, sombra…mei…and someone else…and I remember asking my buddies (who loved the game mode) even back then if people ever pick anything else and they all pretty much said no…and made a point to tell me they were actually being serious…

I know it’s small sample size (or maybe it was just bad luck like I said)…but it was enough for me…i couldn’t get the appeal…so kudos to everyone else that does like it I guess…

Took me a while to adjust to the switch. I got it now!

And soldier

20charas

Personally I find total mayhem to be pretty boring and draggy. It just boils down to a 15 minute fight on the payload for the defenders to eventually win. The general hero variety is also pretty limited and you don’t usually see much variety.

I check each day to see if Mayhem is in the arcade. When it’s not, I usually exit until the next day.

Please either put it in rotation more often. If that means adding a couple of options to the weekly arcade choices, I’d be down. Not sure why Blizzard appears to want to discourage those who enjoy the mode.

3 Likes

Oh I love it. It would be great if it was balanced

1 Like