I love jeff kaplan

3 dps, 1 tank, 2 support.

Clickbait title for jeff xD

1 Like

Been sayin it since the beginning

The games becoming too team reliant :frowning:

1 Like

I think weā€™ll be seeing some major changes to some heroes when OW2 comes outā€¦

I just love how he confirmed the fact that prior to the role lock having 3+ DPS in the team was the standard and not rare at all like some naive users here have claimed. Role lock did fix a lot in that regard

2 Likes

Liking coordination does not mean I donā€™t have any sort of self satisfaction from the game. Anymore than liking self reliance means you just want to play FFA deathmatch. Itā€™s a little over the top just because someone prefers a different aspect than you

1 Like

i love jeffsā€™ voice :poultry_leg:

1 Like

Just because more power is given to individual players doesnā€™t mean you wonā€™t be able to coordinate.

And it is one. Just because you need teamwork in this game, it doesnā€™t mean that there is no such thing as strong players or matches where someone popped off or carried. It just means the teamwork is more important. Limitations help bring about creativity. Making teamwork so necessary means that people arenā€™t incentivized to just think about themselves, but instead forced to consider how to advance their team. And those moving pieces are really strategic and interesting.

The teamwork in this game is such a breath of fresh air in a genre, that for me personally, is otherwise pretty stale and samey.

The thing though about a game being more individual reliant is that people will always be incentivized to be the best and see things from a very self focused and individualistic point of view. At least here on the US servers, itā€™s just part of our core nature. But what they wonā€™t do naturally is teamwork. Thatā€™s something that you gotta incentivize.

Once you do though, a lot of people do find it very fun. I mean people send more time in comp than they do in Quickplay for example. That extra teamwork element makes things very engaging.

1 Like

Uh huh. I literally just said that.

2 Likes

Then what are you arguing about. lol

I am fine with this if itā€™s done right. His explanation about 3-2-1 is nice but I donā€™t see that much will change until they are confident to change.

There is basically 1 shield and rest is half of 1 shield. Itā€™s way easier to shred winston, orisa and sygma shield than Reins. Roadhog can definitely go to DPS.

1 Like

I donā€™t think anyone has anything against him personally, after all, no one in here probably even knows him. He does seems like a cool person even though some decisions behind this game a bit flawed.

Its not the 1% of GM smurf games that the problem.

Its the 100% of games you play with a random teammate, where everyone wants to do their random way, yet only way to win is for at least 3-4 poeple to coordinate.

Its a frustrating experience,
try giving 3 monkeys 3 sticks and get them to draw a triangleā€¦

1 Like

If they do 321 say goodbye to any remaining tank players you have left in this game. :woman_shrugging:

If Blizzard understood ā€œTeamplayā€ they would not build teams with such unagreeable people.

I bet one of them puts it in his B

Its a myth though, plays and skill always matter even at the top. But its a popular myth, but still a myth. Too many people think they are better than they are and imagine they are the ā€œspecial playerā€ who can go all out and just carry games left and rightā€¦ its just ego talkingā€¦

1 Like

I wish team based game was actualy team dependent and no hero could solo carry games anymore ā€¦

1 Like

Maybe if you play DPS.

A tank or healer is much more dependent on enabling others to take advantage of space or prolonging a fight.