I LOVE 1/3/2. I cant go back

this is still fixable, i mean

i’m not hopeful
but it could be fixed

5 Likes

They would need to do a huge sweeping change on supports and DPS for most of the tanks to not be pretty much stopped or negated

Like McCree has everything in his kit to solo stop a team with a Roadhog or D.va

19 Likes

Dva seems pretty damn good.
And I wouldnt exactly describe tank variety in 2-2-2 as looking great right now. Unless you’re a huge Rein fan.

15 Likes

D.va is only good if the enemy team doesn’t run a Sniper, Mei, and/ or Zarya

Since DM is only up for 4 seconds, and D.va has such a huge crit-box it is VERY easy to just delete her mech with Widow/ Hanzo, and mix that with how D.va is pretty bad at peeling for Ana, that doesn’t really leave you with much to keep the mech alive

And the 2-2-2 problem is because they overnerfed Orisa, Sigma, and Baptiste. They desperately need buffs

4 Likes

again

possible

just, highly unlikely

1 Like

I could not disagree more. As a tank main, this game mode is 100 percent garbage. While I respect the devs for TRYING it out, like they said, this is something that I 100 percent will not be playing any longer, and do not see this going anywhere very quickly.

75 Likes

I also play Moira. And lucio. And brig. And theyre all a blast to play in 1/3/2. So my opinion doesn’t change.
No supports need changed in 1/3/2. Theyre literally the least problematic of all the roles in this mode.
Tanks just need to be polished out.
The fact that 1/3/2 is already better than 222 says ALOT.

16 Likes

I mean they had the chance to do it here, even with just number tweaks for them, but nothing was done

Hell, the Orisa “buff” was literally only putting her barrier back to what it was when she was ran with Roadhog, and they expect her to SOLO tank with that? Fortify and her damage are still LOWER than when she NEEDED a second tank with her lol

If they wanted to sell the idea to us, they needed to go all out on it

23 Likes

Ah, yes. The “youre a mercy main so youre stupid” thing.
Really makes me think you’re intelligent.

31 Likes

It’s a chaotic mess without a lot of team play. I suppose you could call that action packed, but I wouldn’t call it something good for you know, comp.

16 Likes

Even Zarya, who’s the next best tank after Rein, starts becoming pretty worthless because your supports are huddled behind you while your DPS have all went on flanking adventures which does nothing since Zarya works best slightly behind her team.

10 Likes

Well to you maybe, but that’s not the reality for others.

8 Likes

As a nearly 1000 hour Mercy main on my main account. I couldn’t agree less. It’s awful. Even on Mercy I cannot sustain stupid if your dps even falter by 1 it’s a nightmare. There’s nothing enjoyable about zipping back and forth while nothing dies because low and behold about 70% of the dps player base couldn’t hit water while in a lake.

16 Likes

Nobody said that. This mode is “easier” for Mercy than other healers, like Zen or Ana. As Mercy, I have to constantly be with them to not be annihilated by the enemy team.

It’s simply not viable. The only way this can work is to make some changes to balance not only tanks, but healers too.

11 Likes

All I can say as far as other commenters is, chill guys, it’s an opinion, we’re all entitled to our own, no one is right or wrong for how they feel.

As for me, I remember what it was like before 2-2-2 enforcement, and when I had to tank for it, it was an absolute nightmare. While sure it may be fun for a healer to go off healing some DPS out in the wilderness, the tank is generally stuck probably being healed by a zen or ana solo, while getting pummeled to death because allied dps though being healed, couldn’t kill a beached whale.

1 Like

Ah, the guy I replied to, literally said that. But alright.
“You dont need to be a genius to figure what im implying here… but then again you are a mercy main so.”

1 Like

Oh, I see it now. Some people in this forum are so rude sometimes.

1 Like

As a Sombra main, I agree completely. 1-3-2 has been an absolute blast, and 2-2-2 feels like a constant repetitive uphill battle. This has been organized chaos, with hectic fast and fun team fights, not a minute of poke before anyone can engage.

It’s nice being impactful for a change.

9 Likes

When people talk about “Tank Variety” in 2-2-2, they really just mean “Well, Karen picked Hammond so Jared has to Rein/barrier, kthx”.

People pushed to make healing a part of every support. Many probably want to do the same with Barriers in the Tank role. In their eyes, a second tank means two chances at getting a barrier. I would love to see the devs take a hard look at each tank and figure out how to make them feel valuable while keeping their kits unique!

5 Likes

Every other support feels much worse to play. It’s like trying to put out fires all over the map with zero coordination. It’s experimental, so I obviously don’t expect total balance, but it’s very unbalanced feeling.

More than tanks would need to be wildly overhauled to even remotely make this work. Luckily, Jeff said this mode is just here for the week, and than the experimental mode is going to have more balances changes for the proper game. A fun thing to try, though!

5 Likes