I lost 700 SR during Beta season

:woman_shrugging: don’t care. I have no pity for you, you threw your matches and that’s your fault

I have never once participated in a Beta test where the player record in the test was used anywhere beyond the confines of the Beta itself.

But I guess Blizzard has their own definition of Beta.

1 Like

how did i throw my matches? Sigma was released right into COMP
this means that jeff himself thought it was ok for him to be played right into comp.

but no, its blizzs fault for mis leading the player base. Even if you weren’t mis lead, the rest of us were based on their wording/handling of beta.

So far, all but 1 of the people who read, and frankly misunderstood what Blizzard wrote, are all people who are against role queue. Its as if their stance on role queue gives them a sort of pleasure that Blizzard screwed others over.

on the bright side of things we did learn something valuable, that blizz doesn’t bother with the forums/reddit, otherwise they would have caught this a lot sooner.

1 Like

I think it was planned.

They wanted people to think it would all be erased so more people would participate.

I would have waited until;

1. The Sigma is new period was over.
  2. SR had stabilized.

It was a bait and switch.

1 Like

that could be very well true, i could see that being a thing. I feel at this point blizz owes us an apology via video.

As much as I have angst toward the way Blizzard handles things, one thing I can be sure of is they never apologize.

“To the ground, baby!”
“You think you do, but you don’t”
“Don’t you have a phone?”

i suppose at this point I can add;

"Not count toward a player’s permanent Competitive Season stats.”

I didn’t even read the role queue update post and automatically assumed the rank I received during the beta testing would somehow affect my rank in season 18.

It’s better to be safe than sorry.

1 Like

I was such a good little guinea pig, i played sigma a lot in COMP for many hours almost 20, i gave them so much good data. I swear I deserve a treat.

i can’t even think of a time that blizz said " we’re sorry". they sure as heck didn’t say sorry to the HOTS e sport teams.

You’re right, and the safe play would have been to wait until the Beta season was over to play competitive.

Jokes on us.

1 Like

That’s hardly the truth. I can be unhappy with one thing and still look at others objectively.

I actually considered doing that but my friends talked me into queuing up together in role queue, and it was pretty fun so I decided to go ahead and finish all the placements (I have a weird tendency to feel like things are “unfinished” if I start something, even a beta role queue placements.)

But yeah IMO we can’t really blame blizz for what happened to OP. It’s a misunderstanding, sure, and it would be nice if blizz were more communicative of what’s happening, yeah, but I don’t think it’s fair to blame blizz on SR loss :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

your right it hardly is the truth, there are many others just like you defending what blizzard did (mis lead the community on purpose).

but hey at least the monkeys gave them the data that they needed

Pez,

I am just connecting the dots. Only 1 pro role queue person has suggested that they were “in the know” about the MMR carry over, that I have communicated with.

You know it and I know it; Your stance can be the complete opposite of mine and at the end of the day I would rather discuss the differences with you then most other people.

Don’t be mad at Blizzard you didn’t treat it how you normally would have just because it was beta.

That’s fair enough. I’m just saying while I’m sure some people are being ashloes out of spite, not all of us are.

I didn’t lose or gain.

I am just saying that if Blizzard would have been more clear, from the beginning, I would have steered clear of Competitive until after the Beta.

Blizzard did the same exact thing, because they put sigma straight into COMP with no wait period.

You just contradicted yourself btw because blizzard treated beta season differently than normal.

I didn’t contradict anything. You are mad because you didn’t take it seriously but are deflecting blame to blizzard when they expected you to take it seriously. Even if stats didn’t carry over, what use is the data if everyone is throwing or not playing as they normally would have?