I lost 700 SR during Beta season

And what about the other players?

Why should they get stomped and lose SR because he’s in an incorrect rank due to Blizzard’s poor communication?

Surely not having MMR affected defeats the purpose of the beta, I mean doesn’t that have to be tested too (Unless it’s reset once the Beta was complete which I never really saw them doing)

But whether MMR was or wasn’t affected it’s still competitive, and if a person is losing 700 SR they are clearly losing allot and playing below their ability. Not only that they are continuing to do it as well, as they can clearly see their SR dropping. That is their own choice.

I had exactly the same experience with everyone picking Sigma, it was extremely frustrating. And these same players wouldn’t just play quick play because they wanted the remainder of their team to take it seriously whilst not doing so themselves (Because that is the only reason I can think of as to why they would pick him in comp not quickplay)

Ultimately I see the MMR being affected as poetic justice in this case

They don’t care, they play worse to make sure you stay down there with them. :rofl:

You mean a forum MVP that doesn’t work for Blizzard poorly paraphrased the original blog and Blizzard shouldn’t be held responsible for his misinterpretation and everyone else’s inability to read the blog.

1 Like

It was bad that they never clarified it themselves. I did try to convince people in the thread discussing it that it would make no sense to waste the data and that even original beta MMR was collected and saved for live release.

It sucks but I don’t know what they can do. I treated it as normal comp for those reasons and would actually lose out if they rolled back my SR as I’ve climbed as both Tank and Support since.

Role Queue Update it says it here

I’m pretty happy because I focused on getting better with all the supports so I have climbed from low to high Plat.

Right I was surprised I was a gold tank and support, but a high plat dps. Honestly thought I’d be a high plat tank, but once I saw my Sr and how I played I realized wow I make a lot of mistakes

Beta doesn’t count. If you played at the usual level you normally do your more then likely to get placed more accurately during Season 18.

How is it that people don’t seem to understand that Beta SR is not accurate and all Bliz was doing was collecting Data for the upcoming season.

Unless your normal aim and mechanics where off for the last week you will be fine. Nothings perfect though.

Oh yes, just play like you do and win, if you aren’t then you don’t deserve the SR.

I played mostly Sigma this season too and haven’t dropped so… :man_shrugging:

If you lost that much SR it’s your fault for being trash with the hero you decided to play, not Blizz’s fault. There are some games that you just can’t win, but if you lost so much SR on tank you’re just bad at Sigma if you played mostly/only him.

I played a variety of tanks including Sigma and climbed into diamond, and I had a great time climbing because my aggressive playstyle allows me to create space reliably as a main tank (unless there’s a Mei and she’s just gonna wall me off and that’s not gonna be a great time), and my mechanical skill which allowed me to basically be a third DPS while playing off tank.

Except it does count. They never said your MMR wasn’t going to count, that was Wyomings personal interpretation and everyone else followed suit instead of reading the blog post themselves.

Neither did I

Obviously the stats from your games aren’t being thrown out. That was the whole point of Beta is to collect this Stats so the MMR could help place you for the upcoming season.

This guys complaing about SR that doesn’t matter. It’s not going to be recorded on his profile and will be forgotten.

If people like OP were playing like trash either intentionally throwing or just being ignorant, his tanked SR will be reflected in his MMR.

Well that is the catch. But there is not a lot anyone can do about those players. Time will straighten them out (mostly)

I kinda expect my tanking SR to be lower in Season 18. It occurred to me that because I’ve been playing a lot of Sigma my stats probably are going to be worse then they normally are. But I intend to add him to my roster so it’s a hit I’m willing to take.

At this point it’s prob best to just let things play out.

I don’t know, I’m actualy climbing for a change.

1 Like

They said it would not effect your current sr, I don’t recall them mentioning mmr. What I do recall is them saying that they have been collecting data from everybodys accounts for months before role q was even anounced so that they could be prepared. Knowing that do you realy think that they would have a beta season just for kicks? I mean it’s obvious that they are going to track your performance in the actual environment so that they have a better chance to get it right when role q comes out for real.

I always take comp seriouslyeven in the off season (2 hour period)as it’s good practice.

1 Like

this is what bliz said the only thing they dont say is mmr but they do say it dont count . from Introducing Role Queue - News - Overwatch

When is Role Queue available?

Role Queue is currently available on the public test region on PC, and will be coming to live servers starting with a Role Queue Beta Season in Patch 1.39. In an effort to give time for additional testing and feedback, we’ll be running the two-week Role Queue Beta Season from August 13 to September 1. Players can earn Competitive Points similar to other competitive mini seasons and qualify for Top 500 Leaderboards during the beta season. However, beta season stats will only be available for a limited time and will not count toward a player’s permanent Competitive Season stats. (Note: Competitive Season 17 will be shortened by approximately two weeks in order to accommodate the Role Queue Beta Season.)

Role Queue will be fully available for Quick Play and Competitive Play beginning on September 1 for the start of Competitive Season 18.

I’m very much aware what it says. I read it thoroughly day one and myriad times over the last 2 days looking for where they say “MMR doesn’t count.” What they DO say is

beta season stats will only be available for a limited time and will not count toward a player’s permanent Competitive Season stats

The keyword is permanent. MMR is a fluid stat that is affected by your game play that changes every single match. It isn’t a “permanent Competitive Season stat.” It isn’t Blizzard’s nor my fault that people chose to not play their best or seriously just because Blizzard isn’t treating us like the idiots we obviously are.