I lose the control of my mouse and keyboard when playing OW

Hello,

while playing OW, it happens to me, randomly, that I lose control of the mouse and keyboard, for a few seconds. The game continues to “play alone”, the character moves forward, for example, without me being able to control it (I can only try to counteract the movement, moving backwards). After a few seconds, I can resume playing normally.

Consider that this happens to me ONLY with OW (and I play various games).

I have a razer mouse, with wire, and a corsair keyboard, also with wire, and I use a PC, with Windows 10.

Unfortunately, for some months now I have been forced not to play OW, because of this reason, and I am very sorry.

How can it be solved?

Thanks

This is usually a sign of packet loss, because the actions you were pressing are catching up slowly in the game client.

Can you add a WinMTR here?

Click here to show/hide WinMTR instructions

Players in the Americas and Oceania regions: Follow the Blizzard support documentation for WinMTR.

• Make sure your issue is caught in the test or you run it for at least 5 minutes.
  • Players on EU servers: please follow the same directions, except you’ll want to post results in the EU Tech Support forum.

Share your results in a reply:

1. Click the “Copy Text to clipboard” button after you’ve finished the test.
  2. Paste the text in a reply, highlight it, then click </> on the post editor.
  3. If you can’t post links, add spaces before .com/.net/.us/.au, etc., which will break the link and allow you to post.

Please do not remove full hostnames from the test instead of “breaking the links” with spaces, as this makes troubleshooting much more difficult.

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |

|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

|                           dsldevice.lan -    0 |  505 |  505 |    0 |    0 |   11 |    0 |

|                            10.1.131.178 -    0 |  505 |  505 |    4 |    6 |   41 |    4 |

|                          10.250.139.194 -    0 |  505 |  505 |    4 |    4 |   57 |    4 |

|                             10.1.164.10 -    0 |  505 |  505 |    5 |    6 |   90 |    5 |

|                            10.103.122.1 -    0 |  505 |  505 |    5 |    5 |   13 |    6 |

|                           10.254.20.129 -    0 |  505 |  505 |    4 |    6 |   23 |    5 |

|                            93.57.68.102 -    0 |  505 |  505 |    4 |    5 |   14 |    5 |

|                62-101-124-9.fastres.net -    1 |  501 |  500 |   13 |   15 |   82 |   13 |

|           pr01.eqfr5.blizzardonline.net -    0 |  505 |  505 |   22 |   26 |  100 |   24 |

|              ae1-br01-eqfr5.as57976.net -    0 |  505 |  505 |   28 |   31 |  111 |   29 |

|         et-0-0-2-br01-eqam1.as57976.net -    0 |  505 |  505 |   28 |   32 |  104 |   53 |

|                           137.221.78.77 -    0 |  505 |  505 |   27 |   29 |  115 |   27 |

|                   No response from host -  100 |  102 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |

|                   No response from host -  100 |  102 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |    0 |

|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

Your WinMTR test appears to be very healthy, did you encounter the same issues while running this test?

I did encounter, and I keep playing in a non-smooth way.

Could it be an issue linked to my razer mouse and overwatch?

Oh, very possibly! Did you see the pinned thread about Razer software? Maybe the new version will fix it?

Thank you, I’ve checked the updates and I already have the latest Razer Synapse 3 updates.

In the meanwhile, I just had a match against bots. I had a consistent lag when pressing space (to jump) - specifically, I pressed space and sometimes it jumped a couple of seconds later, sometimes it worked; and I had some issues while strafing or pressing “w” to go forward. Specifically, the game “keeps me going” in the direction I am pressing at the moment. It is so frustrating and it tells me that there is also a keyboard issue. I am quite sure it’s not an internet issue.

What else can I do? I have a corsair mechanical keyboard, but I’m sceptic that I have both a mouse and a keyboard issue together, it would be a rare case indeed. Any suggestions?

Let’s see if anything is throwing errors in the background in a DxDiag.

Click here to show/hide DxDiag instructions
  1. Press Windows Key + R, then type DxDiag and press Enter.
  2. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  3. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save.

To add it to your reply here:

1. Open the text file and copy all of the text.
  2. Paste the text in your reply.
  3. Highlight the pasted text and click </> on the post editor.

If your DxDiag does not fit in one message DO NOT shorten it. Instead, post it on Pastebin.com and provide the hash code (the numbers/letters after the .com) in your reply, not the entire link because you can’t post those.

Thank you darling, this is the paste for my DxDiag:
/id5t3vhh

I’ve also been getting the same issue. For about 2 weeks now

I know we are not alone, Sheepy. I really wonder what happens with OW, with other games I have no issues of this kind :frowning:

+++ WER9 +++:
Bucket errato 1959912700062653477, tipo 1
Nome evento: APPCRASH
Risposta: Non disponibile
ID CAB: 0

Firma problema:
P1: NahimicSvc32.exe :warning:
P2: 2.3.8.60549
P3: 5d9c5932
P4: DynamicSMProfileDaemonModule.dll

You have a bunch of these crashes on your laptop. Nahimic is a motherboard software overlay that can mess with inputs and cause other types of performance and crash errors while playing. Try uninstalling the Alienware software that came with your Laptop and see if it improves. The biggest offender is going to be Alienware Sound Center for this, but if you don’t use the other software, you can uninstall that too.

Other than that, we have heard rumblings of some keys sticking sometimes due to a change to the way inputs are detected.

Does toggling that setting help you at all?

Hi, I tried to toggle on/off the new mouse pointer precision, but it didn’t solve my issues.

Is there any method to get rid of Nahimic sound without unistalling the Alienware Command Center? I’ve bought an Alienware PC and all my profiles and FX are set there, I mean.

Forevernite,

Unfortunately since that’s not our program I can’t provide much insight into how else to get rid of it. Removing Alienware Sound Center/Command Center is the best way to get rid of it that we’re aware of. If you contact Dell they may have other insight as to how to disable it or fix whatever’s causing it to error out like this.

Tyvm, I’ll give a try, I’ll first try to contact Dell, then in case I’ll uninstall the program, even thou I feel this latter as a “non solution”. I mean, I’d like to be able to play all my games with my “standard” Alienware configuration, because it should work.
I’ll tell you if I obtain a valid result.

Definitely let us know if you’re still having problems with it removed. The problem you run into with these types of softwares is compatibility related. Basically, Nahimic has an “overlay” module. Many applications have these, but essentially an overlay draws itself on top of a game. Because it does this, it claims control of the drivers with priority, which causes all kinds of weirdness. In general if you ever have a performance related tech issue with any game, killing off all overlays should be step number one. Because of the way their hook modules work, a game company cannot address any compatibility issues with an overlay so it’d be up to the people who create the overlay to fix any bugs.

If it doesn’t work, though, you know where to find us!

A post was split to a new topic: Moira - Mouse Issue

Hello Drakuloth,

I just received my answers from Dell support. They said they know no other solutions but uninstall their program, the Alienware Command Center! Absurd but true.

So, sadly, I think I’ll be forced to uninstall the basic program of the desktop pc I bought (I mean, I have an Alienware).

I’ll inform you whether in this way I’ve solved the problem.

Forevernite,

Thanks for the follow up so far. Replying back so that you can update us if you still need help. A lot of laptops these days ship with software that isn’t completely necessary, though some of them will drive extra functions. Most folks consider the extra software ‘bloatware’ so if you don’t use the functions actively, it typically hurts nothing to remove it, and can actually improve things in niche situations like this.

Let us know how things went!