I lose points even if I came back and won the game?

I don’t understand, and I’ve been playing this game for 5 years because I never leave mid ranked games at all. But tonight I have a power outage in the middle of a game that lasts a few seconds, get back into the game 4 mins later (mainly because my ups didn’t want to restart) and then I manage to win the game and I STILL LOSE MASSive Points and get suspended for 10 mins or so? I… I don-t see how is this helpful.

This system just promotes the idea that if you have an issue and you’re kicked out of the game, why bother coming back??? :confused:

2 Likes

You have 2 minutes (or 3 I’m not sur, there is a countdown for player still in game) to come back again, it’s supposed to let u time to relaunch ur pc if u crash or to relaunch overwatch ect.
Sometimes it’s not enough, so it is
And if u don’t come back in time get banned and lose sr, so it works, so it is, unlucky for you s. happens

I mean it’s most likely that they won on their own with the impact mostly on your team whilst you barely did anything.

Yeah true, after 2 minutes a punishment will be given. I think it should be overturned when you win though, but win less SR since your impact was much less.

So you were gone for 4 MINUTES and you think it’s unfair that you got punished just because your team did the heavy lifting and won the game without you? It doesn’t bother you at all that you left your team 5v6 for 4 MINUTES??? Is the punishment only deserved if the team loses or what?

3 Likes

I believe so. As long as your team wins then you didn’t cost them anything. I have been in games where this has happened and my team surely would have lost if I didn’t return to the game.

We rolled them first round and I got dc’ed between rounds for a few minutes. When I came back my team was getting rolled equally as hard on defense in a 5v6 but once I returned we continued to stomp them and easily won the game but I still lost SR. Yes, I made my team work harder than they should have but without my contributions there would have been no way my team won that game.

Since then I stopped bothering to return to the game after any lengthy dc. Why waste my time playing for nothing? Sorry but I don’t care if some randoms gain or lose SR. There needs to be some incentive for the dc’ed player to return and try to win the game.

And who cares who had to do the heavy lifting? In probably 90% of my games without any leavers there was someone doing most of the heavy lifting while another teammate may as well have been afk. In fact that is how the matchmaking is designed around handicapping. As long as your team wins the game there shouldn’t be any punishment.

1 Like

I agree, you should not lose SR if you end up winning the game after returning from a disconnect/crash. I would be OK with them still keeping the 10 minute suspension just to let you know that you messed up, but you should be awarded SR if you win.

Like you said there is no point in reconnecting and trying to win if you are going to end up losing SR anyways, unless you are playing in a stack with friends and want to try and win the game to save their SR.

1 Like

Yeah. I just DC’d myself at the start of 2nd round. Was out for about 2 mins. Came back just in time to help push them off cart right before end. Held for the remaining 2.5 mins or so and we managed to win.

Then I see I have a 10 min ban, lost 50 SR, and didn’t get credit for the win.

From now on, I’m not bothering to come back. If I’m getting slapped in the face for bothering to scramble and reset my modem and get in ASAP, then to hell with Activision and their asinine system.