I loathe Hanzo with great intensity

Widow: “whoops, i missed that headshot by a few pixels and i get 0 damage done to target, guess i better get good.”

Hanzo: [shoots in general direction from half a map away and gets an auto-headshot one-shot kill]

Why Blizz. Why.

51 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/hanzos-arrows-hitboxes-needs-nerf-in-size/17397/16?u=alexarius-21819

43 Likes

this. I am so sick of people complaining because of the groupthink that if you got killed by someone its because their weapon is broken

21 Likes

People seem to forget Ana’s primary fire exists. Her unscoped shots are really small and slower then new Hanzo.

6 Likes

Widow: “Good thing I’m hitscan so I can just point and click on heads”

Hanzo: “K he’s moving slightly left I’ll shoot an arrow in that direction, oh dang he changed direction and I missed”

35 Likes

Well, she has a better fire rate and she is supposed to hit things that don’t want to dodge it.

5 Likes

“this. I am so sick of people complaining because of the groupthink that if you got killed by someone its because their weapon is broken”

Or, maybe and perhaps left clicking in a general direction with no obvious intent to aim at something specifically shouldn’t always result in head-shots.

Maybe.

6 Likes

or maybe, people who play this game know where the enemy are coming from, and maybe, just maybe, like in all other first person shooters, pre fire? or you just walked through your rein shield while in plain view of the point.

14 Likes

The fire rate you refer to is useless due to damage drop-off from shooting non-charged up.

Hanzo just keeps on clicking away accumulating headshots in the meantime.

So you want a main healer to have the same offensive potential of a full high damage character?

6 Likes

I’m comparing two characters side-by-side. Widow requires you to aim and hit small targets…Hanzo requires you to occasionally look at the screen and shoot in a general direction to get a one-shot kill.

This seems a little less than fully optimized.

1 Like

I don’t know. I’m not a great sniper, but at long range I’d rather be Widow 100%. At short range certainly Hanzo is better, especially with his “delete-a-target” storm arrow spam.

Since I don’t have time for comp, and QP is a toxic cesspool I find myself playing a lot of mystery heroes. I’d usually rather get Widow than Hanzo even though Hanzo is technically a more powerful hero.

I’m comparing Widow and Hanzo…not Ana at all. And to be specific here, my issue is that the players at the lower levels i exist at aren’t capable of hitting headshots with anything like the degree that I’m seeing - therefore, they’re getting ez-mode arrows or player’s heads are just too big.

So I fired

And then I missed…

6 Likes

You got the wrong comments then, I was discussing with some1 who brought up Ana.

Anyway, WIdow can hit things instantly from any range (aka hitscan) while Hanzo has to expose himself in order to be accurate. This is how things are.

3 Likes

Your problem here is how you are comparing these two characters. no matter what you say, hanzo’s arrows don’t magically correct themselves mid-flight. you can keep saying things like “occasionally look at the screen” or “no intent to aim”, but this doesn’t change the fact, which is that both characters require aim, you just see hanzos getting kills more often because people prefer playing him to widow maker.

10 Likes

…and no matter what you say, these low level hanzo’s aren’t capable of hitting such a high number of headshots - which again result in one shot kills.

These ez-mode headshots have to go - in my humble opinion.

1 Like

Or you’re just bad at the game. In my far from humble opinion

8 Likes

Naturally this being the internet you’re going to posture and disregard the points I’ve made.

“Get gud lol” isn’t an argument.

1 Like

except in the cases where it is, such as a popular first person shooter game, where you are complaining about losing to people killing you, and then calling them all bad at the game

6 Likes