I like this new batch of voicelines

I can’t quite describe it, but these new voicelines we got are less… spam fodder, and they feel more… like actual dialogue? I really like the slightly different energy to these. Did anyone else notice this, or am I crazy? Lol. Either way, I hope future voicelines are more like these :+1:

7 Likes

Only some of them. There’s still a lot of “let us make a popular culture reference”. But some do sound more character-driven, as in, something this character would say because of their personality.

It’s like the difference between the recent karaoke lines of Mercy(trying too hard to be funny/meme) and Ashe’s(funny because sounds like something her character would say and has that cartoon villain charm).

3 Likes

If you just mean those little purchasable ones, I couldn’t care less to be honest. Voice lines are an incredibly niche appeal for me, and ignoring character interactions, I actually prefer them to sound like “spam fodder.”

That said, Baptiste’s “Behind you” voice line is hilarious.

It’s a new person that wrote them, that may be why you have a different feeling about this : https://twitter.com/GavinEtc/status/1316269810574004224

Also, they added a lot of new interactions pre-game - and those are all very cool!

4 Likes