I like the current patch

Oddly enough, his is the first time in a long time that I’ve felt the game was decently balanced. I know many will disagree, and we’ve got a developer update coming out tomorrow, not to mention Blizzcon is coming up and they always unveil a new hero.

Still, for me, I feel like the game is in a better place for QP and comp. I won’t say why, mostly because I’ve already said enough to get some people upsetti spaghetti. But I of all the recent patches, this one is my favorite.

Does anyone else like the current patch? And why?

3 Likes

Why, just why.

Also i think balance is in a ok spot but there’s too many problems and why can’t they just release a patch without 20 bugs for once, characters who are underpowered or who are in a weird spot include

Roadhog (the bug fixes help but he’s still too much of a feeder)

Reinhardt (his animation cancels need to return)

Junkrat (he needs his bomb size reverted and his mine damage drop off reverted in exchange for needing more ult charge)

Bastion (needs all sorts of changes/buffs, a borderline rework essentially except maybe not a rework because we all know how those go)

Symmetra (needs buffs and they should just revert her primary fire, even with perfect aim her new one is worse in every way)

Reaper (it doesn’t get anymore straight forward, he’s weak, shadow step is the weakest ability in the game and he needs buffs)

Mccree (his fan the hammer is weak and his ultimate is kinda weak too, i don’t want any reworks but they could at least look into that stuff)

Sombra (she’s all over the place, i think she needs a lot of quality of life changes such as sugar skulls over a hacked enemy’s head and maybe some more alterations to her kit so she’s not so team reliant, they could take some power out of her ult and put it into her kit)

Brigitte (she’s OP in lower ranks and average or less in higher ranks, if they just nerf her then she’ll useless in higher ranks, i think some changes instead of nerfs are in order)

Mercy (i don’t even know where to start, just read a bunch of mercy posts or something)

Hammond (undecided but he needs some quality of life changes such as not going out of ball form when he uses his adaptive shields)

I didn’t mention torbjorn and pharah because the devs have something in mind for them anyways.

7 Likes

I like seeing Brigg actually suffer,so yeah,her getting stunned together with Rein is just the fix.If only she wasn’t able to bash thru shields,that would be great.

2 Likes

I agree. I think the game is in a very good state at the moment. No, it’s not perfect. Yes, there are still heroes who need buffs and heroes who need nerfs, but I’d say all heroes are very close to balanced. Yes, Brigitte is the subject of many rage-filled posts here on the forums and elsewhere, but I don’t think much more is needed to get her (and others) to a place where she (and they) feels right.

I’ve also been seeing a lot more interesting and varied team compositions lately, which has been a lot of fun. I know Mercy is currently a sore subject as well, and I personally think she needs a very slight buff, but with her nerf and the other support tweaks, I think the support class is in a great spot right now.

In closing, I would just like to say upsetti spaghetti, for Zenkai’s sake.

1 Like

With DF,and Briggs winrate,and Bast being trashy,and Mercy having one of the lowest winrates right now.How can you say this game is balanced?

I guess I just don’t think Brig, DF, and Mercy need much work. Mercy would probably be totally fine if she was bumped up to 55 HP/s, Brig probably just needs another tweak or two (let’s be honest her original cooldown times were insane, and while it’s taken some time to get them toned down, I’m still glad that Blizzard tried to balance incrementally rather than making a single, overly dramatic nerf). As for Doomfist, I think his recent shield buff wasn’t really needed and made him a bit too strong when he dives in for a pick. Change that back and I think he’d be sorted.

As for Bastion, I honestly don’t know. He’s one of those heroes who is (un)fortunately niche by design. When he gets the proper resources from his team (i.e. Rein/Orisa shields and plenty of healing), he can be an absolute menace. I’ve also seen some really insane play by Bastion one tricks who are constantly repositioning and setting up in unexpected places with surprising effectiveness. So while I think Bastion probably needs a buff, I’m worried that he might become too strong and encourage a rather uninteresting playstyle.

I guess my feelings on the overall state of the game stem from the fact that most heroes seem to be in a good place right now. A lot of comps are viable and there isn’t a single, stale meta at the moment. I’ve seen people running dive, 2-2-2 brawl comps, GOATs, and so on. I’ve also seen a lot of niche comps work really well, often involving Mei and Reaper, to name a few.

So apologies for the rant, but those are my general feelings on the current state of the game.

I think we are at a stage where there aren’t any obvious overpowered heroes, just loads of terrible ones, regardless of the meta.

I feel like this patch is very unfriendly towards tanks. Ana, Sombra, Doomfist feel so strong right now, and they make it really unfun to play tanks. Maybe tune those three back just a little, and I’ll be happy with the balance again.

I agree. I’m enjoying it

I’m not trying to come off as rude when I say this, but that’s life when working with computers.

Why do you think your PC updates at all? Because it needs patches. No software is perfect, and no game will ever come without issues.

I work in software myself, and I can tell you, it’s nowhere near as easy as you’d imagine. That’s why PTR exists, to help identify issues before they go live. If you really don’t like bugs, I suggest you take a larger role in the PTR.

What i mean is for every bug they fix a new one is in the game so it feels like a never ending cycle and they never fix the prominent bugs such as the fact if you just tickle the pixel of a barrier then moira can’t heal at all, or reinhardt’s animation cancels being removed ( if they were a bug then they would have removed them awhile ago along with genji’s existence) or mei’s cryo-freeze delay bug that they said they would fix a long time ago but never did, there’s also a bug that propels baby d.va forward with little control after you use booster + ultimate, i can keep going but you get my point, i feel like repeatable bugs that effect entire characters should be at the top of the list.

I can’t, i’m a console scrub😢

Again, that is the life of a software developer. Seriously, you don’t know how difficult it can be to find and fix bugs like these, but I do, as it’s my job. You have to find the problem which can take forever in your mass amount of code, figure out how to fix it, test, test, test, perfect it, test, test, test, etc.
PER. BUG.
Some bugs interact with each other too. Some are easy to solve, others take time. There’s also no telling if a fix won’t cause another new bug.
Sorry buddy. But that’s all software, not just over-watch.

That may be true but they said they were going to fix mei’s cryo-freeze delay in february…

Their infamous soon strikes again, i wonder if they forgot…

This is the stuff i’m talking about, they may need to test their bug fixes but over half a year is a bit much, especially when they have a solution to the problem such as making it favor the defender like blink, deflect and wraith form.

As Torb would say, “Completion date? When it’s done.”

To be quite honest, I don’t really care. If you want to go on talking about bug, I suggest you discuss that on the technical difficulties, or make your own post. This post is specifically about how much I like the current patch. The game balance.

If you want to learn about software development, and why the fixes take so long, I suggest you start taking some courses in the matter and stop passing judgement.

As it is, you’re just wasting my time. Play the game, or don’t play the game. It’s not going to change my opinion on liking the current patch.

I’m not trying to change your mind and your post literally asked on wether people like the current patch/state of overwatch presently, i was just saying the down sides that specifically have to do with overwatch and where the imbalanced parts lie.

And no, a mei bug fix like mei’s cryo-freeze or something doesn’t take over half a year when the devs themselves say soon.

You can like the current patch all you want and i think they’re going in a good direction too but i don’t think the game is decently balanced yet and that’s called a opinion just like you thinking overwatch being decently balanced is.

They aren’t a indie company and almost 200 devs (might be more) vs one person programming something is a big difference for how much time something takes.

It’s a forum for discussion and i’m not trolling or posting crap so i’m certainly not wasting your time unless you consider the forums themselves a waste of time or is it that you can’t tolerate me because i have a different opinion.

Ye know she can dive on anything anyway with her new SHIELDBASH TECH… lmao… she can literally jump like 10-15 meters with her shield bash flail currently i dont call that balanced…

To reiterate myself.

Sorry bud.

About time you got it.

1 Like