I. know. you’re. lying

Winston is his only hard counter. And that is a soft counter at best.

When you start going up in rank you get the same issue with hanzo as you do top shelf widowmakers.

Winston used to be one of his counters before storm arrow and lunge. After he got those two things Hanzo can make Winston have a pretty bad day.

1 Like

That is yet another lie. The hitbox is the entire arrow not just the arrowhead

That is ridiculous, Hanzo can brush your shoulder with the arrow feathers and it counts as a head shot

Hanzo is not half as powerful as mei is. I would genuinely love playing against 6 hanzos than 1 mei
just screw mei she is more powerful than any dps. and baptiste is powerful just not in terms of his immortality field more like his damage and heals

Well I know one employee mentioned something about “wanting Overwatch to feel more like a shooter after the GOATS meta started”, so perhaps they’re trying to envision what that would feel like

yeah i don’t know about that, a hanzo can run away from a winston pretty well, the only thing winston got going for himself against hanzo is probably just his bubble,
and hanzo can pretty much just disengage from that.

i would think orisa might be better honestly,
but then again, is she that much better against him than any other character?

but this entire premise is wrong.

statistically speaking pickrates say that orisa, sigma, and baptiste are the only things being thrown in as “mirror matches” consistently.

a 10% pickrate indicates the person is being picked in almost every match by both teams.

so no , hanzo is not a mirror match scenario. so this entire idea is wrong.

if this were a true statement the actual must pick mirror matchups would be showing it, not hanzo.

your entire point is incorrect.

hanzo is statistically just a strong pick.

not a must pick

not a mirror matchup pick

and not an overpowered pick.

so again, you seem to not understand the statistics you brag about using.

I’m saying we don’t have all the information, and Blizzard does. In other words, sit down, you don’t know better than Blizzard.

…fine i’ll go find the post sighs

go duke it out with the guy who said it! i’m just a messenger

Lol everyone acting like Baptiste got the short end of the stick when that’s really not true. These buffs did almost nothing other than increase immortality field to 25 seconds.
Mind you, it actually has a proper 20 second cooldown now since it only last for 5 seconds of its 25 second cooldown

The developers have already said they look at winrates that exclude mirrored picks of the same hero on both teams.

And he’s been at about 9.5% for a couple weeks now. And even by your own numbers above 9%.

if he was at 9.5 for a “couple weeks” hed have atleast a 9% pickrate for “this month”

even if you look at just this week hes at 9.3%

stop telling lies.

hanzo is not statistically an issue.

his nerfs are the result of people like you crying on the forums, not numbers saying “hanzo is op”

I’m clarifying Falcon’s comment for you, since you responded to them with a deconstruction of a Hanzo to Bap comparison that they never made. OP was the one who made that comparison, and it’s an odd comparison that others don’t necessarily support.

Also I don’t have any anecdotal stories. I haven’t offered any opinions of my own on Hanzo here.

no, because there are more dps so for a dps to have such an inflated pickrate out of 15 others is bonkers.

1 Like

this is such a disingenuous statement.

75% of the dps roster are throw picks.

the only real usable dps are

hanzo widow McCree doomfist and mei

and 3 of them just got nerfed

pretending like I cant compare when over 75% of the roster is unusable is asinine at best.

To be honest I think Hanzo’s problem is less being op and more not being countered…

The slower arrows are indeed good nerf but I believe that it’s not really a fair thing asking to nerf a balanced hero that lacks counters… Sure dive is a fine solution but because of his high damage output and the fact he’s a medium range hero I believe a better counter should be just adding more flanker like Reaper and Sombra…
Heroes that can get easily behind enemy lines without being noticed.

Hanzo just like Widow is based around slow yet strong shots making it so fast and high hp targets are better against him. the only difference is that Hanzo has a better damage output in close range and mobility. because of that I believe any hero that can surprise him before he has time to react is a good choice…

For Baptiste I do agree he deserved the nerfs since the idea of immortality field is indeed a strong one and acts like Zenyatta transendence but with hp.
Just like with Hanzo I believe more knockback heroes like Hammond,Doomfist & Reinhardt would solve the problem but even then.

I do think the immortality field should have less hp since if you’re already close to it, it should be broken faster especially as an abillity and not an ult.

Also while I myself did not have any problem with that yet, a lot of people complain about his high damage output so I guess nerfing his damage a bit is a solution as well…

and you act like the supports are all good when most of them have been brutally nerfed

1 Like

They key word in the devs post was ‘excessive’ power creep. It doesnt confirm nor deny that power creep is there.

most of them meaning moiraand baptiste?

because as it stands

ana still has a heal she didn’t have before on her ult

baptiste still brings immortality field to the game

zen still brings trans and discord to the field

lucio still brings speed boost aoe heals and sound barrier to the field

mercy still brings rez

and moira still brings insane aoe heals, and a throw and forget orb that always gets value

all the healers are viable.

5 dps are viable, and 3 of them just got nerfed

I think you need to get good.