I kind of want a season dedicated to balance changes

By season I mean is the 3-4 month period between hero releases. If the time is diverted to balance I’d be happy even if we get no new hero at the end of that time period. It just takes so long for balance to happen it’s kind of really frustrating. Some bugs (Bastion first shot tank bug) have been in the game since launch. The F tier heroes are recieving buffs but it’s just taking so long, those of us who haven’t been addressed yet (Torb and Bastion are a few of them) are kind of feeling helpless. It takes almost a year for some heroes to be addressed.

The PTR was for a lot of crazy changes but that is hardly the case.

i mena, it could work, but of course, the art team probably would still be designing new skins, maps and heroes, because they aren’t needed as much in balance changing unless it is a new ability or something

They’re actually working on animations/sounds/models for a Sym rework so they’re occupied with that right now.

i thought that was for hanzo, since i dont think the team has decided what they want to do with sym yet

I read it again so maybe I was a little off, he said they might need those depending on the severity of the changes

1 Like

but from the sound of it, they have a routine going on, probably during a previous event, they decide who should get skins in the next event, and during the intermission between the events, they design the skins and place them on the 3d models, they have to get the voice actors in, assuming that this isn’t their only job at the moment, that would take a couple of weeks to schedule them in for recording, which of course takes several hours for audio mixing and getting the right take of the voiceline, assuming there will be new voicelines, either released for the event or the skins themselves

and due to sym’s voicelines being put in, i imagine they had to rerecord those voicelines, probably because of taking them from the event could of messed with the file itself or something

Thinking that Blizzard’s balance changes will improve the game is a dangerous assumption.

1 Like

Sombra’s changes did. So did Junkrat’s, including the nerf.

I honestly don’t understand why they don’t make tiny little changes every patch. Give this hero 1 less damage per bullet, give that hero 25 more health… just lots of little things to at least try to spread the meta out a bit.