I just want to know if Match Making is based on

Omg so you didnt get anything i told you before. I hoped i can reason with you, but you are beyond saving really. Well, I tried stay in your rank forever and keep blaming bad teams, games and matchmaker :-/

What u write are not the ‘TRUTH’, is just your opinions (like mine) and i don’t agree / or need your (often trivial) opinions, simply as that. I’m sure Match Making is a tricky, broken / inadeguate stuff, there is nothing u can write to convince me otherwise. And i try to explain WHY i think so.

No, you are wrong, matchmaker works only with sr with exception i explained before.

Oh sure, and u are the MM programmer, yes? And u are here to tell the (only) truth? Right? But u know something about programming? Because your “faith” is ridiculous.

And yet you are the one who is not climbing while many others are. Strange… If i would log into your account I would be high plat in a day and i consider myself as average but ok, keep thinking i am the one who is wrong :slight_smile:

You’re just making stuff up. Read How Competitive Skill Rating Works (Season 12) and the references (most of which are developer posts) for any point you disagree with, and get back to me.

Ok i will do it there later :slight_smile:

Many? U have data? Why u think many are here (since two years) to blame the MM? Because we are all just loser that don’t want to admit is their fault? What u really read about what i write? What u really understand? U are here to win this? Your EGO need to win this (and based on what?? U can’t see that you have your opinion and i have mine). For me, and “many” others the MM is faulted, u think is perfect. And so? Bravo.

They changed that? Because I remember a post from Jeff where he explained they would be using MMR first and then SR, because people were unhappy that they got grouped with others who were a large amount of SR higher/lower than the SR from the player.

So matchmaking first on MMR, get equally skilled players to gather. And then create a match with the people who’s SR is closest together.

In any case, we don’t see any line of code… MM is not open source, and frankly, i don’t trust developers… u can’t see how the Loot Boxes System function, but we can agree is just not a, hm, “clear” one… so they can write what they want about MM, also that is the best possible, but is ever a simplified a partial version of the truth, u never see nothing about it. So is only about trust and faith, and in this case, when all is about faith, then i decide, empirical, by myself, and i think firmly that MM is not a good one, that is not adeguate for a game like this.

That post you are referencing wasn’t written by Jeff, but some random person on the forums.

People definitely can get grouped with similar MMR and widely varying SR, because that is what happens when someone (such as Seagull → Streamer Data - Google Sheets → Seagull 10) is extremely decayed.

When you read all the developer posts about this issue, things can get confusing and contradictory. See How Competitive Skill Rating Works (Season 12) → “But I just read this post from a developer, and it said matchmaking is baed on SR, not MMR” to see all the references and my interpretation.

As i write, i don’t think they group people with the closest (hidden) skill (rating), but it’s based on an average (exactly like when u found a platinum with a silver friend at gold rank) of this (hidden) skill rating, and for me this is a BAD decision. Aside this, i think how they “calculate” this rating can be faulted too. I think all of this, because i can partially figure out that this MM stuff is a very complex one, i put my faith on this, about complexity i mean, and how much cost in terms of CPU power for better functioning (so, like they save on bandwitch and cpu power by using low tick rates, the same they can do for MM about CPU power). Thjs “average” fault u can see easily when a group of three or more join up your game, often this game are bad for one side or another… ages ago i write about three type of ranking… solo (only solo queue) small team (2+2+2, 3+3, 4+2, no 5+1) and full team (clans) ranks, and as today i think is a better solution than this “average” ratings…

If you don’t believe the developers then there isn’t much we can say, except that you think that you are best player in most of your matches.

We then link Dunning–Kruger effect - Wikipedia, laugh at you, and move on.

1 Like

U also can stop to reply me, why u are here? Explain me? Don’t write u are here to help me understand (your truth) because LOL.

You’re new here, so I give explanations in the hope that you are reasonable. Now that I know that you are not reasonable, I will stop replying to you.

I’m not new, they reset my post count, and i assure u that i’m very reasonable / rational type of men. U can see this differently, is not at all a problem for me, i’m not insecure about me. If u stop to reply me, good :wink:

Aah my mistake then, really don’t have time to keep track anymore of everything.

Average what?
Average skill rating? Average MMR?

Matches are created based on MMR and the matchmaker tries to find 12 people with the same MMR or atleast really close together.

You’re not reasonable, you post on an open forum and question why people respond when they disagree with you. Everybody with another view than yours is wrong, that’s not being reasonable. Especially if other people bring up evidence and straight facts.

1 Like

Three people here disagree with me, and so? What mean this? Nothing. Your straight fact are just opinions and what “Jeff said”; he can say what he wants, i can read, but i can don’t trust what he say. That made me not reasonable? LOL? Billions of people said God exist, and i don’t trust them, and so? I’m a fool because of this? LOL? I’m simply a rational guy, i prefer reason over faith. PS: I’m agnostic, not atheist, Atheism/Materialism is just another faith.

Atheism is not a faith, its simple logic based on real facts. Bilions of people believe in god without any kind of proof or they say " but in the bible…" bible is a book wrote by human. You cant possibly know if thats fiction or truth.

Just wanted to clarified this to make my next point. Things you are saying about comp and MM are simply your opinions and your believes. You refuse to accept the fact its you, because you believe how better than others in your games you are. What is making my claims right? I have actual evidence to support them. Countless of journeys of people who climbed from different ranks with any kind of heroes. Just go to YouTube or twitch and see for yourself. Open your eyes finaly. Or record your game (close loss) and show us how you are better than others in your matches.

Atheism is not a faith, its simple logic based on real facts

AHAHA… u never study Philosophy eh… “real” fact, “simply” logic… how simple u are.