I just uninstalled Overwatch

Comp has always been a crap show. I only do placements and very little comp. If I feel like actually talking then I do comp and maybe get 30 points and call it a day.

Comp is basically a punishment mode in any game (as seen with “ladders” or “ranking” in fighting or other shooting games). So you don’t play for fun. You play for the potential of getting more points or whatever.

There is no such thing as solo carry unless the other team is complete garbage. You have to have teamates that have some game sense basic skill even if your t500/owl.

1 Like

Just so you know, rage uninstalling b/c you lose some placement matches makes you look bad, not blizzard, the devs, or the game.

1 Like

Placements are worth the same SR as a normal match in my experience. I went 9-1 in my placements and went up about 200 sr this time around. Ive always gone up about 20-25 sr per win in mine. Only times my placements didn’t move me up are when ive gone 5-5 and such.

1 Like

I got suspended for a week. Whatever. I can play something else now. Been playing less Competitive games as of late due to frustrating matchmaking.

I’m eagerly waiting for Anthem and Metro Exodus too. OP can take a break and explore something else. You can always reinstall the game anyway bahahaha

2 Likes

Do what I did. STOP caring about SR! It ruins the whole experience when you loss because of the competitive feel the mode has, largely due to the sr. We all want to win, ofc, that is why we play competitive but do not let SR dictate your mood or feelings towards the game because for most players it most certainly does. The only numbers I care about are my number of deaths and accuracy, be it scoped and/or unscoped. That’s it. Play comp for better games than in QP, that’s all I do.

At the end of the day it’s JUST A GAME.

Gl.

“Competitive” Mode has been broken AF for quite some time now. The Devs have been given the same suggestions over and over again (cough Role Que cough) on how to improve the mode for well over a year now and nothing has been done.

I’m with you. Ranked Mode is by far my favorite mode in OW. However, it’s gotten to the point were I simply do my placements and then avoid the mode completely until the next season starts. Rinse/Repeat.

2 Likes

And yet you commented. Maybe you need to move on and not comment on things you didn’t bother to read or allegedly don’t care about?

1 Like

Maybe you shouldn’t flag people, if you tell people not to do something then a good majority will do that thing. Get off your high horse, you said you uninstalled the game, so why not just leave the forums as well.

You are telling me to get off my high horse as you tell me what to do from yours. I delight in the irony.

1 Like

I know how you feel i mostly play support(lucio and or mercy)yet people insult me for not healing and call me a bad support, if you go to the enemy spawn point solo i not gonna to heal you that’s one reason for me to die lol, and when i get harrased by a enemy player my team never helps, yet complains afterwards they didn’t get heal…

1 Like

Hey there, it sucks that you got such bad luck with the match making, I don’t play comp because I don’t have the time, but one day I do plan to try and get better and become a diamond Zen instead of being a gold Zen forever (although rank doesn’t matter very much). But anyway I cant say I have the same experience as you, as I have actually never seen a smurf if you don’t count the BS matchmaking in mystery heroes.

I’m glad you play for fun, so why don’t you join the custom game community, its more casual which may or may not be a bad thing for you, but there is little toxicity and a lot of Overwatch’s issues are not as bad or even nonexistent here :grinning: and there are so many game modes out there that you are bound to find something that you like.

But even if you don’t want to join I hope that you find better luck in comp if you decide to play it again. and you also make it to diamond or even higher :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

well it can be just a game but is not for others who want to take the competitive to the next level and have a salary with this. Its a game suposed to be an e-sport, not only a mere game. A game that is suposed to be a profesional esport cant be allowed to have so much flaws

1 Like

oh hey look it’s another “i’m so self important i feel all of you need to know when i stop playing a video game” thread

these never get old…

1 Like

I hate placements, they always feel horrible to me. Especially since they don’t meaningfully affect your SR, why bother?

1 Like

Hey look it’s one of those “I will just write a pointless comment that will not contribute to the conversation because I am so self-important that everyone has to see I don’t care.” posts.
That never gets old.

Why do people always post “Ive just quit” threads

So what, do we need to feel something.
No, it just means us dedicated players will play on

1 Like

I’m guessing for the same reason people complain about them.
And next time do bother to read the post not just the title. :wink:

hey look it’s one of those “i will just pointlessly respond to a pointless comment that won’t further contribute to the conversation because i’m so self important that everyone has to see me stand up for someone else thats self important” replies

cuz that never gets old

1 Like

8,000 matches and counting…

The initial ONE-TIME payment of $20 I paid for this game 2 years ago has more than paid for itself in entertainment value.

People like me who has the ability to realize that no game is perfect, can appreciate the fun times when it happens.

Compared to spending that 20 bucks in the movies, Overwatch is cheap and can be enjoyed longer.

I don’t give a damn about cosmetics, so I never had to pay for loot boxes.

I am mentally-strong enough to take 20 (yes, twenty) losses-in-row, in stride: and went up to a new Season High a week later. (so there really was no need for me to whine & cry when things looked so hopeless)

This game is perfect for me.

The moment I stop having fun in it, I’ll just leave. Simple.

And when that happens I will remember that I enjoyed a $20 game for years & years. That’s good value.

But until that happens, I’ll be here. Still having fun.

1 Like