I just realized there are no Americans in New Overwatch

…and I think that is beautiful

(unless Echo is? Hmmm🤔)

2 Likes

Right now yeah
I think eventually McCree will get dragged into it though

5 Likes

just like he did the first time around

I also think it doesnt help that out of the 4 americans in the game he’s the most likely of the bunch (reaper ashe and soldier wont for obvious reasons)

1 Like

How is the absence of americans something beautiful? 0_0

19 Likes

Why? If you include Torb/Bastion, who were hinted to be allies in the gameplay trailer, half of Overwatch is either from Germany, Sweden, or the British commonwealth. The other half is Mercy, Mei, Genji, the enigma that is Echo, Lucio, and potentially Zenyatta.

1 Like

because americans are always the saviors and heroes in video games and I’m tired of it

11 Likes

If Echo is designed by Lúcio’s father, we should get to know it from Lúcio himself. And because Lúcio died in Overwatch mission, we will have to wait for it longer, maybe longer.

1 Like

What are you talking about? Lucio didn’t die, and Echo wasn’t made by Lucio’s father.

4 Likes

I said DIED
The _ _ have the same meaning as using " " in words.
Example - it looks like he died but in reality he didn’t die.
He “died” in Rio de Janerio cutscene. Jeff confirmed he survived it, he’s alive after the Null Sector mothership’s explosion.

I said IF
The IF means speculation. There’s no information who made Echo.
Unless you have source that Lucio’s father didn’t make her.

Sojourn is canadian if that counts.

1 Like

No United States -ians

2 Likes

Jeff confirmed that the Rio outro cutscene was just a placeholder for the real one.

And why would you speculate that Echo was made by Lucio’s father? She has no connection to him, and we dont know anything about her aside from her connection to Overwatch.

4 Likes

Well, I think it’s incredibly silly to think that any heroes aren’t crossing over-including those from Blizzard’s home country.

2 Likes

Winston reads as American even though he was technically raised on the moon, which makes sense given that Harold seems to have been American. That said, I do prefer an international cast with as few Americans as possible.

1 Like

What makes Harold seem American?

this is also my home country let me be annoyed with my own country’s overbearing presence both irl and in fiction en paz :sneezing_face:

5 Likes

As a Canadian I too would like to complain about America’s overbearing presence in fiction and irl.

6 Likes

None of the American heroes currently are likely to join

America is going to wait until the end of Overwatch 2, and win the war as we did in both world wars lol.