I just got a ptr update

Wow, I’m actually looking forward to finding out what’s in the patch notes.

They managed to actually do something right with the last patch, let’s see if they’ll do it again.

All 1.4gb is for Briggy’s new goat skin :heart:

1 Like

They started?

There still isn’t enough supports

its currently 1 tank 2 dps and 1 support

No mean there is still too little of supports to take one away

Nifty. Icewall damage visuals. And no chainstuns.

3 Likes

Dude, why even bother removing Bap? Nobody wants to play him anyway after they just killed them.

Great a cc update…

Anti-CC update.

2 Likes

I don’t see Hack on that list

Maybe they can make you immune to EMP, it you are already hacked.

Or immune to hack, if you’re already EMPed.

also it looks as if theyve changed the hero select icons
specifically the backgrounds
so theyre now slightly transparent and blurred

1 Like

Wondering if Sym’s slow or Junkrat’s trap was affected.

(Can no longer test myself, though I didn’t really notice anything with Mei.)

Gonna guess if someone gets Frozen, then they can’t get EarthShattered.

So is the CC change the only gameplay one? That’s what I’m seeing.

I mean that might be a buff for Dive heroes from the sounds of it.

No longer stunned for 30 secs when you made a wrong turn sounds great.

Depending though

Anyway I have work, boss’s boss’s boss’s boss coming today…

Peace

These CC changes are needlessly convoluted.

My initial interpretation is that this no longer allows for stunlocking, but that’s not the case. It appears that under the new system, stuns are permitted to overlap ONLY if they result in stunlocking.

It actually encourages players to chain stuns together properly, and under few circumstances will these changes ever reduce the length of time that you’re stunned. In fact, I can think of only one such circumstance:

If Ana sleeps you, her teammate stuns you, and the duration of that new stun is less than the time remaining on the sleep, then the new stun will not be applied. However, the damage from the stun attack will still wake you up, cutting the sleep time short.

In many cases, it sounds like these changes will increase the amount of time that you’re stunned. If you’re Earth-shattered for instance, you can no longer count on an enemy Brig bash or McCree flashbang to prematurely wake you up from the stun, decreasing the length of your stun. Those items will not save you, and you’ll instead be forced to remain on the ground for the full duration of the shatter stun.

Am I interpreting it correctly, or does this seem completely pointless?

It sounds like they are just reducing the ability for teammates to hinder each other because they both took an action at the same time, for the most part.

I don’t think most people were intentionally overwriting stuns or stunning someone they already knew to be stunned anyway.

Seems more to address weirdness that can come from latency or situations where there isn’t time to confer so 2 players act fast.

Like if Reaper dropped down on a team to ult and both Brigitte and Ana were looking out for him and stun him at the same time, now he’d be stunned for Ana’s instead of getting lucky because Brigitte’s stun landed like .1 seconds later

Yeah, a lot of people are thinking these changes benefit the person who’s being stunned, but that’s not the case.

In your example, Brig’s stun still wakes Reaper up because it does 5 points of damage, right? It just doesn’t apply the second stun.

Wait I have a completely different hero pool?

Everyone else from what I’ve seen has no Bap/Genji/McCree/Ball

I have no Dva/Pharah/Soldier/Lucio

Does anyone else have this?