I just found out zen orbs are larger in hitbox

The enemy has to be literally standing still or run into Zen’s projectiles .

To hit with Zen’s projectiles from long range you have to attempt to predict where the enemy will be. It can be very difficult to do when they made it fairly easy for the enemy to dodge them.

The travel time of Zen’s projectiles are so slow that there is time to A-D out of it.

Which is super funny when you run into people obsessed with “skill” in this game.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure they reverted that nerf actually

Game has no movement acceleration. It is skill indeed to hit targets that have no acceleration and predictive motion.

Oh, did they buff the charge speed? I could’ve sworn they just reverted the nerf

Nope. I went and checked the patch note. 15% buff to charge speed. And a small increase to fire rate from 8.5 to 9 per sec. which is definitely less than the 15% nerf it got in 2018.

Isn’t the lack of movement acceleration offset by both projectile hitboxes and character hitboxes? Characters also have large hitboxes for both projectile and hitscan.

Well, in that case it evens out with the -small hitbox+acceleration scenario-.

There was another change in the 2020 change, something like ‘volley fire rate from 8.5 → 9’ or something, that’s what you’re looking for

i see it now…but that still means an in between number…

if 8.5 is where it ended up after the previous 15% change…that means it used to be at 10…so it was faster before

couldve sworn the actual projectile speed was lowered too at some point…but i cant find it

They also have weird deformation, if I recall correctly. AD crouch spamming on some characters deforms them ridiculously. They also deform differently than each other. My guess is that tight hitboxes would be almost unplayable for the majority of people. Even if that means Ashe’s hat is part of her head. Creepy.

Note that the older one I did with shields lists all Hitboxes by the diameter and the newer one list them all by Radius, so the numbers are different by a factor of two but the hitboxes are still mostly the same.

and numerically speaking, their “effective ranges” still aren’t that long despite those sizes:

“effective range” being defined here as the range where it is possible to physically move out of the trajectory of a fired projectile for a type of hit that matters most (e.g. directs matter for sym orbs as only landing splash is <=50% of the damage unlike say ana’s nade whereby any touch of the splash is equivalent to a direct in damage + effects).

Disclaimer: do note when this post was made which is probs before some important changes e.g. bap’s heal nades distinguishing between direct vs not direct.