I just disconnected for no reason and lost 50 SR

What?

Before you blame my connection, it really isn’t that. I’m constantly running at 25 MS at best, and the game just kicks me for no reason as I join Competitive. It was at the very start of the game too, so I couldn’t rejoin it.

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

Remember if you see the message, “Lost Connection to the Server” in the title screen or the message “Failed to Connect to Server” in red text in the text chat box, this means there is something that disrupted your connection to the game server and not a problem with the game server itself. There can be a variety of reasons this happens including those that don’t disconnect your computer from the Internet. There is great troubleshooting to start with that can most likely resolve most issues and I encourage you to check them out here:

As always if nothing in that guide works, please start a new topic in the technical support forum saying you completed these steps and additional advice can be provided. Good luck!

(^^)v

funny thing is, i get disconnected all the time in comp.

In QP? Never. I have literally never in my 600 hours of playing been disconnected in QP. In my 20 hours of comp i have been disconnected 5+ times.

3 Likes

Do you use voice chat in Quick Play? Voice chat requires more port forwarding, so if that is out of whack that can cause your disconnections.

There is also no backfill protocol in Competitive, so early-game or search queue disconnections are far more likely in Competitive than in other modes.

The problem is, they can’t fix this because people would exploit it if a game was being lost.

comp has a higher ping/tick/check rate i think so itll more easily disconnect you

also east coast or west coast bc east coast doesnt have a dedicated server

All East Coast players connect to the U.S. Central Server

i know… ive played 2 mystery games today and both time they got cancelled in the middle of the game and i was thrown back into the queue… the servers are a mess today

Network and the internet are some funny business. Chances are that there was a server on-route that had a drop-out, which resulted in your disconnection. It’s neither your ISP nor Blizzard’s fault. It’s just the unpredictable nature of how the internet work.

1 Like

It makes me happy that you realize how the internet works.

A few weeks ago there was a bug when when you died the game locked up causing your whole pc to freeze. I lost 400 sr that night and contacted support.

According to them, it’s my fault for leaving. Blizzard doesn’t care…

Happened to me in the last hours, too, and it’s not my connection. It wouldnt connect to the server sometimes (the login screen at the start of the game), and this never happened to me until today. Had to change game, everything else works fine.

Blizzard cares to get your problems corrected and PREVENT future problems, but it is not fair everyone else when you leave a game (intentional or not).

As Pharazon and I previously stated, problems can occur between you and the game server. There are tests like the WinMTR test that can isolate where such problems are occuring. Also players may be subjected to wide spread issues such as those in Southeast Asia or in the Caribbean, also short term problems can pop up like those that happened in Europe a few hours ago, finally I have seen reports of select ISPs in Canada not playing nice today. All of these are out of Blizzard control and the player’s control and the best thing to do is wait it out or at least test your specific connection route to see where the problem lies. As one of the forum MVPs, I spend a great deal of time in the technical support forum where I help players when they encounter frequent disconnections or crashes, so if you are having such issues, please post details there.