I Have NEVER lost connections like this in 13 seasons

So there was maintenance yesterday morning that took the game offline for about an hour. What the hell was “maintained?” I have NEVER left a comp game and never been DC’d so many times from ANY game like tonight. What has been done, why is it happening and why are we STILL penalized for it when it is clearly happening to so many people? I’m on XBox and everything in my network settings are as usual, other games and apps work without issue, my router settings are the same with all the proper ports forwarded and priority given to the XBox, checked with my ISP and no issues there. Waited all day to play, had just gotten got back into Plat and immediately fell back with several disconnections and two that I couldn’t get the game to let me back in. 100 Sr loss over an obvious SERVER issue!!! This is BS!! What did you guys do and do you plan to fix it?

1 Like

Agreed. Last night it dropped me out after I made a really badass Rein play and we were about to win a game!! So frustrating. Blizzard needs to spend significant capital to upgrade their servers. They have been so unstable lately.

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

Remember if you see the message, “Lost Connection to the Server” in the title screen or the message “Failed to Connect to Server” in yellow text in the text chat box, this means there is something that disrupted your connection to the game server and not a problem with the game server itself. There can be a variety of reasons this happens including those that don’t disconnect your computer from the Internet. Furthermore, disconnections can happen to anyone at any time even with no prior history of disconnections. There is great console specific troubleshooting to start with that can most likely resolve most issues and I encourage you to check them out here:

As always if nothing in that guide works, please reply saying you completed these steps and additional advice can be provided. Good luck!

(^^)v

Yeah, not to me personally, but in the groups I’ve been playing with friends have been having issues getting dropped from servers, loading into a black screen, seeing that we’re in game but stuck at loading screen, etc. etc.

It seems like with every maintenance fix, there’s a little window of time where there are also some server issues (last bug patch, I was DC’d 2x for inactivity when the server wouldn’t let me select a hero and then I was kicked for inactivity…didn’t leave immediately because I thought the server might correct itself).