I have an idea of what Pharah's father (Sam) might work as

Today in class I learned about “Idle No More,” a group founded by First Nations women that works to protect and prevent further extraction of indigenous lands in Canada. So far we haven’t really seen anything about how indigenous people have fared in the year 2076, at least not that I can think of. if this truly is an optimistic future, I would hope that measures would have been taken to restore and give back at least some of their land. I’m thinking maybe there were conflicts with Omniums being built and encroaching on indigenous land, and maybe people like Sam took it upon themselves to advocate for protection of the land (through legal, civil means like legislature, petitioning, etc because he is a public servant not a soldier, in contrast to Ana). I don’t think they would ever elaborate on Sam’s job because he’s not really important in the story/lore, but I do hope they’ll touch upon how indigenous communities are doing in the Overwatch world, it’s something I’ve been wondering about. just had this thought and wanted to share :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

better than what chu has in store

I really like that idea.

1 Like

I don’t think they plan to have anything in store tbh he’s such a minor character

In Polish language sam means alone. :laughing:
In English language Sam is male name.
So in Polish translation of English there’re
I am alone and My name’s Sam in the same time.

2 Likes

Is it really?? Awwww that’s sad :sob: although it does build on my perception of the members of the Amari family that we know as a bunch of single, buried-in-their-work and lonely individuals :sob:

I mean I imagine as a public servant Sam works too many hours and has not remarried since Ana. Pharah we know doesn’t take enough time off and I can see her as married to her job. And Ana… we know how she’s doing haha