I hate Ana's bullet now

Her healing darts do not react immediately to give the full amount of health, but rather it hits the target and after a bit of time, begins to heal over time. I’m pretty sick of seeing the heal activate on a dead teammate, so if they want to shoot through full health allies when prehealing is so important, the heal should be instant.

The biggest complaint I had with Ana was her survivability anyway. Unlike the other healers, she literally has no self sustain. Teammates tell you to use the nade, but the nade has much better uses than to be wasted on yourself. No self sustain, and no movement ability, yet needs to keep LoS to heal. It’s tough, which is why prehealing was pretty vital. By the time a lot of your teammates need healing, you can’t even see them.

This change is not a buff tbh

4 Likes

Who cares honestly

Yea if you want to be bad at healing. Literally just shoot them when they are damaged or shoot at them if you think they are about to take damage.

Now you don’t have to walk around someone to do it, idk what you’re really complaining about here. You save time and you heal them faster than you would be able to before???

2 Likes

There is NO PLEASING the community.

2 Likes

I would say, it’s more a buff than a nerf.
Yes, you can no longer pre-heal. But for me, it’s more important to be able to heal a dying squishy through that fat Hog.
Pre-healing might help sometimes. But hitting someone in acute need who I otherwise would not have LoS to, always is a big thing.

Another thought: Giving her straight-up piercing shots with like 100% heal first friendly target and 50% heal or damage second target would be nice, I guess.
If you consider Moiras healing spray, which essentially does the same (but even better in a way) this would not be OP either, I think.

2 Likes

Did anyone ask Gale on his thoughts. I think he is the best Ana in the world.

I’m used to prehealing, as it heals over the span of a second. If I think an ally is about to take a boatload of damage, I prefire at them to give them an edge in health.

This change will no longer allow that, and will take some time to get used to.

2 Likes

Honestly it’s a lose/lose situation. When she can’t hit critical targets through full health allies it feels bad. When she can’t pre-heal incoming damage it also feels bad.

I do think this is a step in the better direction though.

I think if her scoped shots left behind a bullet trail (since they already have a visual trail) of healing mist that would heal over time roughly 50% less effective than the healing to her intended target, I think this would solve both issues allowing her to pre-heal via bullet trail and also shoot critical targets when needed.

6 Likes

In my experience I was often forced into bad positions/detours because I couldn’t shoot through allies.

4 Likes

I’m mixed on it. I think it’s far too early to reach a definitive consensus(at least for me) without much more play. It seems foreign because I’ve played Ana differently for such a long time.

I have to catch myself and not preheal now so in a lot of instances it does seem like a nerf to me as I have to wait for people to be damaged. Perhaps her frontloaded heal amount needs to be increased a bit to compensate? Same amount of healing but in faster ticks would be good to make it feel more like the old heal. Her ammo clip size has increased my healing amount per match though.

1 Like

Can they at least add a toggle option so those who like it can keep it. Those who dislike it can play her the old way?

I’ve been asking this since it was on PTR. It just feels so unenjoyable to play her now.

1 Like

Doesn’t bother me that much, but then again I rarely ever pre-healed to begin with so to me it makes no difference.

I have no idea if I prehealed or not… but what if they made it so…

hip fired shots pre heal
scoped shots pierce full health allies

They could be even fancier and make her scope make full health allies translucent so make shooting through them easier.

1 Like

You’re contributing to what makes it bad holy crap are you too blind to see that?

If losing pre-healing feels horribad, those who play ana could advocate for more healing per bullet to offset some of that sustained healing potential but… I’m not an ana main, I’ve barely noticed the pre-healing. I’d have to play her a bit to see.

I made account just to reply to this post, as a healer main (4150ish sr), I must agree with the original poster, I play Ana mostly in QP (most time spent on healer), the change should be either toggle-able, which would make it so that you choose between pre-healing or the ability to clutch in a teamfight for example, this would put Ana in a bit of a weird spot where people can essentially choose her kit, which I doubt blizzard team wants. As of right now personally this change feels horrible, as someone described Ana now feels like she is shooting “blanks”, my suggestion would be that she can shoot through full-hp targets only if there is another target behind them. Thoughts on this?

1 Like

I don’t understand Ana prehealing – other healers, yes, because their heal effects are sustained. Ana’s heal dart lasts 0.9 seconds, so the team mate being pocketted by Ana must take damage in the 0.9 interval for pre-healing to be an actual benefit. Otherwise Ana is better off maximizing actual healing dealt by just spamming into the pocket target, and her pass-through darts dealing damage if there is an opponent on the other side.

2 Likes

The loss of pre-healing is minuscule to the increased value of piercing darts.

Sure pre-healing is nice. But with Ana, when you pre-heal with spam, you’re wasting 60-70% of each dart leaving you with maybe 20-30 effective healing from pre-heal, simply because it ticks so fast.

New Ana requires adjustment. I’m sure many Ana players, including myself, are too used to just spamming for the pre-healing, but this is a huge buff for making Ana useful in deathball, and it wouldn’t surprise me if it was enough, especially with the clip increase, to make Ana pick in the current meta.

4 Likes

She was awful before. She needed this and the ammo increase.

Are you now going to start a revert Ana post? Cause that would be laughable.

2 Likes

It honestly wouldn’t break ana if she could preheal and have piercing darts

She needs some love

Ana is long range healing and damage she IS NOT meant for pocketing if you truly want to pocket heal play Mercy/Moira and don’t with about accuracy it’s basically meaningless