I hate Ana's bullet now

Moira factually does not have auto-aim, that’s just how her right-click works.
It’s essentially just a slightly thicker Zarya beam, it’s only the animation that looks like a lock-on because it goes to the middle of the character you’re attacking.
The beam does not stick on the enemy when the enemy isn’t in the hitbox, therefore it isn’t a lock.

6 Likes

I haven’t been.
You might have. Other Ana players may have. That’s cool. But you don’t speak for everyone. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Ah, this post is about Ana, not about Moira! D: Why are people arguing about Moira!

2 Likes

I don’t even know. D:

1 Like

wow. I’m actually surprised how easy it is to trigger people in this community.

Just reminds me what a great community we are :slight_smile:

Moira has not auto aim it’s a soft lock that require aim

Go watch a Mercy Player as they actively look at, and heal their full Health Targets.
They have changed they way you play Ana to stop looking at / shooting at full HP Targets, You must now look through the Full HP Roadhog and shoot whatever is on the other side.

It doesn’t matter if you can’t see through your friendly targets. Random spam damage matters now more than ever.

It does not have any assistance to you whatsoever, but it’s a large hitbox so it’s easy to aim.

1 Like

The change will take some getting used to, but so do basically all changes. As a sometimes Mercy main it took me like a month to get used to pressing “e” to rez someone.

So anyways…back to Ana, lol.

I was really worried when I saw those bullets on PTR. The extended clip is nice, but the piercing bullets seemed…counter-productive. Her healing is not instant, and heals over time. So even if people take chip damage, it still won’t pierce them to hit the target they’re blocking. I am at work so haven’t gotten a chance to test it live yet. Clips of it look…weird.

Hardly even a QoL improvement either :\

3 Likes

Those people don’t know what they’re talking about then. However, Moira’s b is extremely easy to aim (especially at close range) regardless of whether it actually locks on to anything.

Wait, where you trolling then?

Just so you know, I’m not trying to be rude.

Hmm…
I haven’t thought about it like that yet but if I think about it, it really is a nerf. I catch myself just pumping clip after clip into a full health teammate who may take damage in the next second to pre heal them already.
That sucks actually…

2 Likes

200+ hours on ana.
No pre heal feels disgusting.

Why it’s a nerf?
Pre heal prevents teammates from getting to fast burst down.
Anas heal is no pure reactive and not active.
Pre heal could prevent situations in which you struggle to keep your teammate alive.

Good pre heal was a vital par of her kit and identity.

Ana feels so passive now

6 Likes

its a beam not a projectile or hitscan. There is not aiming involved.

Beams are technically limited range hit scans.

1 Like

What exactly do you think “soft lock” is?

There is ZERO lock on about Moira’s attack. The animation moves to the center of the character model that she is hitting, but her attack hitbox does not move or remain attached once the character has moved off of it.

There are a number of videos proving there is no lock-on, hard, soft, or Goldilocks.

5 Likes

Her lock on box is good 20% bigger than a normal squishy hitbox.
So you could not aim directly at the hero and still suck the fun out of him.

1 Like

Feels fine to me. Idk what your problem is.

Her attacking hitbox is fairly large, I will give you that.

However, she does not benefit from the defensive hitbox buffers that exist around heroes.

I would be fine with them reducing her hitbox, but it would not change the mechanics of her attack in any way.