I had 100+ fps, now I get 14

I have 60 hours on overwatch and get 90+ fps consistenly. Whenever I start the game it is at the fps it should be. Then as soon as the textures load in it goes to 12-15 fps. I fully reset my pc wiping all the data, and it worked for a bit, then it went back to 12-15 fps. The only thing I did before it went back was install the latest version of java, but I later uninstalled it. I’m not sure at all why this is happening, I’ve tried everything from settings to graphics card drivers.

Also when I press shift+ctrl+n it says it is client side, but I don’t think that’s the full case.

I usually use the high preset and 100% for render scale. I don’t know if that is default as it usually doesn’t switch.

EDIT: Forgot to mention this but I also can’t get into fullscreen.

These standard tips can help resolve most Overwatch FPS drops:

• Reset Overwatch’s Video Settings
  • Update your graphic card driver.
  • Reset your graphic card driver settings., then make sure that your Graphic Card Driver control panel is configured correctly for Overwatch. This includes setting Overwatch at Maximum Performance (not optimal power) for Power Management and making sure it set to run on the graphics card and not the motherboard chipset.
  • In drastic cases you may need to reinstall the driver and update to the most recent driver for your card. Remember to use Display Driver Uninstaller to completely clean out your old driver. Then download the most recent NVidia or AMD for your system.
  • There have been other threads reporting that updating your system BIOS can help with some performance issues with recent patches. Please be careful if you choose to update your BIOS and look up your motherboard’s instructions on how to do this.

Also here are advanced tips I have written in Overwatch’s Tech Support forum that maximize your FPS performance in the game.

Are you using any Razer devices? There’s a known issue in the sticky threads about fps loss with Chroma running.

I do use a razer mouse but I don’t have any software installed.

I have tried most of those and the ones I haven’t I can’t do as I use a laptop. I have a 1050 ti but I can’t even use nvidia control panel. This FPS drop just happened completely out of the blue, so maybe it has to do with something I installed and something with a recent patch.

Grab one of these, which might help us pinpoint the issue:

DxDiag instructions (click to expand/collapse)
  1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save.

To add it to your reply here:

1. Open the text file and copy all of the text.
  2. Paste the text in your reply.
  3. Highlight the pasted text and click </> on the post editor.

Note: If your DxDiag does not fit in one message, you can post it on Pastebin.com and provide the hash code (the numbers/letters after the .com) in your reply.

I created a support ticket with my information.

Okay, I’ll let staff help you from there. Good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

i had the same issue i have a 1060 6 gb notebook graphics card and used to get 100+ fps but then after a patch or update my frames droped to 60 and it wasnt too bad i mean 60 is enough it was stable… then i started test streaming. Fps went down to 15, i stopped streaming hoping to see an improvement but to no avail :frowning:. i switched the settings to low and was surprised to see 300+ fps i switched back to epic clicked apply and TADA 100+ fps once again :slight_smile: