I fixed a Stuttering Issue

So I have been having a problem for like the last few months where when I start up Overwatch my game for like the first few minutes is incredibly stuttery (FPS wise).

To remedy this I would go to training area and use hanzo. The reason I would use hanzo is because he gets his ult fast, and for some reason the stuttering would go away after running around, killing a few bots and using his ultimate. The game would essentially act as if it was cache-ing the actions of being a overwatch hero, and once I ran around, used hanzos primary, secondary, ult and jump abilities the game would start running smooth and was playable.

Keep in mind I run a i7-7700k, EVGA GTX 1070 SC, 16gb RAM, so i can run this game with no problems.

So this problem would persist and I would come to just accept it was probably rayzer synapse since I know with this keyboard the game can be funky if you turn off the Overwatch game feature for the in the Razer Synapse Application.

Until today when I was messing with my NVIDIA control panel.

For the longest of time I had the “Overwatch Launcher” added under program settings with my GPUs option being “Prefer Maximum Performance”. Then today came around I instead of having the “Overwatch Launcher” added on Program Settings I instead manually moved over to the “Overwatch.exe” and added it into the NVIDIA Control Panels Program Settings and set it to “Prefer Maximum Performance”.

This effectively fixed the cache-like stuttery-ness I would get for the first few minutes of the game.

This was something I wanted to bring up to maybe help out a few people. Hopefully it works for you because it worked for me.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this! I didn’t have this issue myself, but I have noticed other posts on the topic. I’ll recommend your post to others, so you may see some forum alerts over the coming days :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the help!
For me, running blizzard launcher in administrator mode fixed the issue.

2 Likes

Efectivamente esto funciono para mi. Intenten esto antes de hacer cualquier otra cosa se los dice alguien he reinstalo el juego, reinstalo drivers y restablecio la configuracion de nvidia y nada el ejecutar como administrador batlenet hizo que todo se arreglara.

It was not helpful for me, but thanks for Idea.

This issue was resolved for me following the steps below. This only applies if you have an NVIDIA GPU.

Open the Geforce Experience App, Click Drivers, Where it says ‘GeForce Game Ready Driver’, click the 3 dots (More…) on the right, Reinstall Driver, Custom Installation. You may need to give the app permission to run. After it finishes loading, Check the ‘Perform a Clean Installation’ box, Click install. Note that this will delete any settings profiles you have created.

1 Like