I feel like they'll rework Sombra one day

Why so? She is bad. She is bad to play against if she receives buffs. She is bad at her current state (if you are not one of the OWL players with your 6 pre-made stack).

All I see is one solution - rework. That’s really sad, but it’s the only way to make her fun to play AS and AGAINST. Praise Lord Jeff to make her good one day.

1 Like

Just reduce her gun spread and reduce the radius of EMP. Boom, balance.

They will not do that because:

“We feel like sombra is almost OP state in Overwatch contenders scene. We are not planning on buffs for sombra, but maybe some QoL changes can go through.”

I don’t think She will need a Rework all she needs is this:

I love eSports. It’s so fun to have your gaming experience ruined because we must cater to 0,01% of the player base doing pro tournaments…

3 Likes

She’s powerful there because of organized team work. If they nerf EMP then that lowers her potential in team organization, which opens up her standard kit to be buffed.

Right now Sombra is tied 100% to EMP, and there are better ways to go about it.

So you suggest to nerf EMP to buff her core kit? What’s the point if she would become on the same place (not a very good one) or will get nerfed very soon. Nobody wants her hack to be buffed and I don’t see a reason to change her invis/translocator at all.

EMP is not really the problem its the infinite Stealth that allows her to be played as a EMP bot again.
If we would remove it Pro’s would not touch her again.
But if we nerf EMP just nerf the Charge rate of it not the radius Sombra will EMP mostly out of the air because its the only place where she not instandly will get focused to Stunned if we reduce the radius it would feel terrible to EMP.

Buff her gun spread.

Increases her damage potential. No-go for Blizz or contenders scene…

The barrier to buffing her kit is how powerful EMP is. If EMP becomes worse then there is room to improve her.

No.
Don’t increas her Dmg potential and no Don’t rework her.

Just revert infinite Stealth and TL buff her movementspeed and add Sugarskulls. Bam Balanced over most Ranks.

I don’t play Sombra much, so I would be fine with that, but a revert would just give her the same problems as before.

The sad part is that the Sombra community actively fought against the infinite stealth change because we knew it would end up like this…

Now they’ve basically painted Sombra into a corner where they can’t change her without major a rework.

There is a surreal amount of quality of life changes and minor buffs.
There is countless mega threads and suggestions for Sombra such as buffing her HP, reducing spread, reverting hack or stealth, so many possible changes that would fix her.

Yes, EMP is the most annoying thing that can happen to your team mid-fight. But we are talking about PROs levels. I see that top500 icon, but we are talking about Overwatch league and contenders. THEY say that almost all of her kit is OP including: perma invis, easy-to-escape tool and hack ofc. Not talking about EMP, cause it’s actually powerful same as graviton. Needs coordination or just wasted.

Which would be less Problems then now xD.

Also @Otlap this game shouldn’t and probably will not be sole balanced around Pro tier its easily possible to balance her for way more ranks with her current kit but not with Infinit Stealth because thats what makes her Strong in Pro play because it enables the EMP bot/Scouting strat pros use with her (Which is increadible boring to watch btw)

Yes, perma-invis just breaks her playstyle to invis-camera 5v6 emp bot gameplay hero. I hope they’ll change that someday.

Considering Blizzard has historically gone for massive reworks and the strangest possible “fixes” for problems with obvious and easy solutions (and yes, the solutions for Sombra are easy and simple) and have already gone that direction with Sombra multiple times, sadly, you’re probably right.

Of course, knowing Blizzard, any rework won’t actually fix anything and will simply suck the soul out of poor Sombra.

Slightly reduce the range on the EMP, make its effect last 1/2 second shorter. It would remain powerful if used properly but now demands better follow-up/execution from your team, and it allows other parts of her kit to be buffed.