I fear for the failure of OW2

I think many people want OW2 to breathe new life in the game but will it be what man are dreaming of? More and more I come across trolls and griefers and they are most likely that way because of the state of the game. I myself went through a very bitter stint with the game but had some kids and now I have more to focus on than just grinding OW. I feel like the community has gone too far to be salvaged and will just do the same things they do now because they will remain bitter and dislike 5v5.

I don’t think OW2 can “save” the game but I do think it will be able to breathe a bit of life into it. There will be an influx of returning players who will want to check out the new content but they won’t stay. Blizzard will need to keep adding things to the game every few months to keep casuals logging in.

It will all come down to the content release schedule.

Do keep in mind that OW2 will have more than just PVP, it will also come with PVE.

4 Likes

Don’t put too much hope in PvE. the story will probably be played through in less than 20 hours, maybe even under 10h. After that, all you have to do is grind PvE for the skill trees and achievements. Most of the players will turn their backs on PvE after the story, especially if it’s always the same in principle.

The devs have spoken of “high replayability” but never specified it in more detail. I therefore suspect that there will simply be different challenges like with Archives. But that doesn’t count as replayability for me. For me, replayability is when I can play the same game multiple times, but it’s different each time. Alternative story (decisions) and different approaches (stealth, silent, aggressive) and I strongly suspect that there will unfortunately not be such a thing.

The story will be linear and the player will not have any influence on it and the missions will always be aggressive, because there will be waves of opponents again and you will not be able to equip the heroes otherwise (e.g. Widow with a silencer for Widowkiss)

Clans is the big thing.

They can police themselves and ditch throwers and trolls.

Big issue is whether Blizz deal with smurfs. At the moment smurfs are their biggest source of revenue for ow1, so why they’ve been left alone.

3 Likes