I don't want a gold border

Omg is this really Jeff xD I’ve never thought in a million years he’d be in the same forum post as me

I’ll reach the plat border before OW2,kinda dissapointing since I like how it looks

1 Like

IMO the only “fix” it needs is to make Borders unlock and you can choose which you want to use

2 Likes

Just laugh at them… you’re just playing the game for fun :man_shrugging: I’m almost a Gold Border, I’ve been playing since the beta :man_shrugging:

What is the last level in Overwatch?

It’s more that it’s an inevitable you just get tired of encountering.

Take any insult, we generally know just to shrug it off, but the frequency of it just gets annoying and having the moment of, “Could we not today?”

Having thick skin doesn’t mean you’re impervious, just means you roll with advantage against :cow2: :poop: once and a while, you’ll still fail that check.

6 Likes

You got a point :<

20 char

1 Like

It’s all you really can do these days lol. If it gets bad I always report them.

Also OP summoned Jeff and it triggered my fight or flight response…

You realize not everyone can even be in master/GM anyway right?

I like how its become a negative stigma to have anything but a bronze border.

1 Like

Incremental/Progressive profile sharing. Hidden by default, but allow users to check each element they want to display (‘level’, ranking, sr, hours played on which hero, etc).

Those that care will have to look at your profile. Those that don’t won’t.

Maybe allow users the ability to add their borders/ranks back to their hero pick, and add medals that correspond to achievements/stickers - and like forum sigs, other users can just hide that noise altogether.

Good call. The border system as it stands does nothing but enable toxicity if you have a border color other than bronze below diamond.

hey it’s not like I judge people based on it but I really don’t want to deal with people who use border + rank combo to be toxic. More important than that though, gold borders are realy hideous. Like just ugly to look at and I like things to be neat and pretty.

2 Likes

And the people laughing are the ones with 10 smurf accounts,and if you were to combine all their levels they would be higher than you

3 Likes

Can you not make your own damn thread instead of trying to derail this one.

5 Likes

Literally me.

I cannot wait to see this new system.

1 Like

Is there anything interesting to take its place?

Is it possible that the new system has the option to not display your level so that players can avoid level related harassment like “Gold border and still Gold rank”?

I say option, like setting your profile private or public, because some players may still want to display their level.

For me it’s interesting, that in CS:GO, the perception is very different (at least for what I experinced).
In CS you receive a medal of honor for every 40 level you complete in a year.
When I or my friends play with or against someone with multiple medals we are respecting this player, because most of the time they are quite good at the game or have a nice game sense.
Of course not everyone with a lot of playtime is immensely good at the game, but the perception is imo different.

So we’ll never know what a master or gm border would look like? That’s a pepehands.

1 Like