I don't understand why I'm getting banned

Nope, not my internet

I’ve been playing with my sibiling on the same wifix and they didn’t have any problems

I recommend posting in the Technical Support and do a WinMTR test, post the results there and we can figure out where your disconnections occur.

I kept getting kicked off last night while no one else in my house hold was having problems. Kept saying something about a firewall. Reset my modem and router and all problems vanished. Give it a try. If it doesn’t work, post more and we will try to help.

Which do I install? The 32 bit or the 64 bit?

(this website seems shady but ok)

64-bit version as most likely your computer is a 64-bit machine (if it runs Overwatch). I understand your concerns but I promise the program itself is very safe.

The servers have actually been acting up for a lot of people lately.

I’ve seen many people lately disconnecting, I’ve seen people complaining about being booted from matches entirely, I’ve seen lots of threads complaining about server issues.

It’s not effecting everyone consistently but it is effecting some people. The worst I’ve received is arcade matches failing to connect and various people being disconnected at the very start of the round in competitive

As I have said, there were issues yesterday, but I just checked with Blizzard CS, and there are no apparent issues as of this moment.

alright, i posted the results in the technical support

How can we don’t play on wifi ?

I wire my PC straight into my router. I live in a densely populated area. There is so much overlap with frequencies from neighbors, I can never fully depend on the integrity of my WIFI. That and WIFI is shared band, not full duplex. If you have other people using it at the same time (games, TV, whatever) it decreases your available bandwidth. I never trust it.

My console is directly connected in Lan too, before I had issues when people were watching Tv, not those last weeks however. But if there are people on the wifi it’s still lagging like if I was directly on wifi… but i use a thing… I can’t really describe it, but I can connect my Lan cable on it and the thing is on an outlet… It still work better than wifi… but if people connect to the wifi it’s lagging… just hope getting the fiber one day.

It sometimes IS in fact a problem on Blizzards side.
I had this issue too multiple times, and there were ALWAYS other players in the “global” chat and the forum complaining about server disconnects, bans and los of sr at the EXACT same time.
And NO they didn’t adress the issue yet and often times didn’t even react to players losing sr (not to mention any type of apology or compensation)

1 Like

In todays instance, you are 100% correct. Blizzard confirmed connectivity issues. I stand corrected.

Where was that announced?

Orange post in competitive forums where people are furious at lost SR.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/multiple-people-complaining-about-server-disconnects

Where did they confirm this? Post source please.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/multiple-people-complaining-about-server-disconnects

To clarify, those issues noted by Bill Warnecke were resolved already yesterday. The only thing going on right now at this moment is that Xbox is having sign-in issues to Xbox Live, otherwise, I am only seeing individual problems for those posting in the technical support forum.

Servers were bad yesterday.

I really doubt the server at a multi-billion dollar corporation is the problem, I feel like it’s the internet you are attempting to play an online FPS on…