I don't understand the epic models of Archives 2020

or rather, I only understand that of Symmetra Holi which is connected to a traditional Indian festival.

but someone can explain what Mei and Torb would represent on that occasion?

Nothing, they’re epics. Not all skins in Archives are even related to the theme of the event, such as Equalizer Lucio or Gwishin Bastion.

2 Likes

They’ve kinda run out of canon skins and are just doing whatever.

3 Likes

Yes, you’re right. but also in lucio and bastion you still find a theme related to the story (a concept) or to the general lore of ow. or the epic 2019 models (hammond / junk / zarya) that represented Munich, the homeland of Maximillien.

so what could be the ring that connects that pink Mei and that rusty torb? it is not clear, not even as a concept

in fact I begin to suspect that in OW2 we will no longer have the archives as an event, but as a starndard option to the pve as the skins.

1 Like

Munich is in Switzerland. Monaco is the homeland of Maximilien.

Agreed.

1 Like

Sorry, it was my translation error. :sweat_smile: In Italian the term “Monaco” is also used for Swiss city. to differentiate the two places, in Italian we say “Monaco” (Munich) and “Principato di Monaco” (home of Maximillien).

Canon/Canon thematic skins I would accept:

ALF Roadhog
Teenage Junkrat? oof
Agbada Doomfist
Junker Orisa (this one tenuous but I still want it)
Shambali Zenyatta
Bride Widowmaker
Trenchcoat Widowmaker
Overwatch Commander Reyes
Young Ashe
Struggling College Student/Younger Sigma
Ocean Bastion
Dress Echo up as Liao’s ghost lmao
Gamer D.Va
SEP Soldier76 (his 70s themed army man skins don’t count)
If they have Gwishin Bastion they should do Gwishin of the other omnics too, and a Null Sector Zenyatta to go with the other 2
World Traveler Hammond
I feel like Lúcio could also have a lot of variant world tour skins, start with something techy/omnic-friendly based on his Numbani concert

I think the real problem is none of the canon skins they can do are for McCree.

1 Like

We just got that, with Militia.

1 Like

A lot of people think that. For one, Jeff said they’ll do the 1/1/1 thing (1 part the same 1 part modified and 1 part new). I’ve heard a lot of people pointing out Summer Games, Archives and Anniversary as events that could go away or be changed (Anniversary if ever OW2 gets released at another date and Summer Games for it’s lack of popularity)

On top of that, if you think about it, it only makes sense to stop Archives since it basically gets replaced with the OW2 PvE content. They would probably either release content for OW2 PvE wise or make DLC’s for OW2 instead (depending on how they monetize OW2)

Based on what we have seen in Uprising, those were his fatigues. The only difference is a young face vs an old face.

ok guys but … nobody has any little speculation about mei bear and torb rustclad reference? :sweat_smile:

the only nice easter egg is that the torb spray looks like a cotation to Barney from the Simpsons xD

Can you be more specific as to what you are talking about?

Uprising Comic, page 9, last panel.

Thank you!
(Post must be 20 characters)

Equalizer Lucio is basically him in his casual DJ superstar outfit

Equalizer Lucio is literally Lucio’s concept art that was extremely popular and then made into a skin. It has nothing to do with his story or backstory.

1 Like

I almost thought it was canon, till I realized the tattoo on the entirety of his right arm in Equalizer is absent on Classic.

1 Like

Dress Echo as Liao’s ghost? Talk about traumatic lol