I don't understand the balance team

its like they overtune stuff on purpose, and either buff them again or nerf currently balanced heroes to the ground (with the exception of Brig), Doomfist wasn’t fine, however he didn’t need to be nerfed this much, I would’ve of simply just removed the whole shield system he has, with this, he’s still playable but there is more risk without damaging too much of what the character is.
Ashe is too rewarding, just like Doomfist was, you can’t outrange her. She is just good at everything she does, whereas other characters aren’t. Plus I’m fairly certain she is just the pile of notes we had for a better Mccree put into one character. No idea why they buffed Torb, (talking after the rework). The rework was okay, but they need to just let go of turning previous ultimates into mini versions of them.
I think the main problem is, the dev team don’t know who to listen to, no matter what people aren’t gonna be pleased, I know most people will probably dislike this post simply because we have different perceptions on the game. It feels like the games built to piss people off.
If Ashe is mechanically hard to play and so high rewarding, how come other heroes with similar or more difficulty don’t get as much reward?

1 Like

They nerfed him that way as a temporary solution to the outrage on the forums. They will eventually buff him in the next…6 months -.-. They always do that. Overnerf a character and later buff him/her slowly till he/she is good again.

2 Likes

Or straight up just continue to incorrectly nerf a hero.

Tbqh only the uppercut nerf and maybe a nerf to shield gain, so it would be between where it was before and now, was all he needed. At least let him play out with just one nerf at a time instead of all at once.

2 Likes

First off, I’m not sure what ‘with the exception of Brig’ is supposed to mean in this context, so not gonna touch that yet. However, Doomfist apparently just needed his last shield buff reverted and that’s it, because before that, everybody still called him trash, but somehow by getting an extra 5 generation per attack (and the cap staying the exact same) he skyrocketed into overly oppressive and wildly OP, almost as if people base their perception of power on how much they don’t like to deal with something rather than actually how strong it is… huh, weird. At any rate, I can say removing the shields as a whole would absolutely destroy him, even before the nerfs he was iffy about getting out of a fight if anyone was paying any attention at all, now he’s absolute trash at it.

I’d heavily disagree here. If you’ve got trouble with a “sniper” Ashe, pick up a Widow and put her back in her place, it’s not that hard. Just like if Ashe is getting too cheeky up close, McCree destroys her still. Ashe only plays exceptionally well when she’s uncontested by a character like those two (which isn’t a testament to her balance) or if she’s playing at her optimal mid-range.

I agreed with the Torb buff. His ult was really unintimidating a lot of times unless he got it DIRECTLY on you or he got it in a perfect choke. Otherwise people could literally just walk over it before they would die to it, kinda worthless zoning.

True. Because like I said, the vast majority of this community just goes “I don’t like this thing, obviously it’s not an issue with how I’m dealing with it, and instead it means they are objectively more OP than anything has ever been and are now killing the game.”

And anymore, all you have to do is put “annoying to play against” in your nerf thread and it seems Blizzard will listen regardless of what actual evidence is pitted against it.

Widow gets massive reward and McCree can too, but he is a bit harder to do so with because he doesn’t have any good zone coverage like Ashe with her dynamite, and since his ult is so bad anymore now that everybody knows exactly where it’ll come from. Ashe is just a classic case of the new, fresh thing feeling dominant because everybody wants to play her and people are still finding what works best for them to deal with her.

Sounds about right tbh.

Incompetent

1 Like

Agreed