I don't understand people wanting a role queue system

Give me that sweet 2-2-2

Why not just make it so you can only stack one class with 3 of the same role.
Meaning, let’s say DPS chose 3 heroes, then healers and tanks can’t go above 3. You have 3 tanks, then the other 2 roles can’t go above 2.

You’ll be able to have 3-1-2, 2-3-1, 2-2-2, 1-2-3, etc.
You just won’t be able to go 3-3.

NO

not with 2 tanks - 2 support - 2 flex

It is about forcing the minimum basic comp. If a teams wants to run GOATS or 3 tanks 2 heals 1 dps thats cool. The 2-2-2(flex) is designed to maintain the absolute minimum comp for a good game. so you will no longer see 6 dps 4 dps 2 supports etc

Because I’ve been playing since Beta until a couple of months ago.

Doubt it.

Because I’ve the freedom to give my opinion and someday come back when the game improves.

1 Like

Because the goal of such a change should not be to modify a currently unpopular meta. The goal of such a change is to ensure that all games include a basic composition that has the essential components to be viable.

The meta should not be dictated by hard-coded solutions. It should be determined by what is most effective in the course of gameplay, based on Blizzard balancing the game.

Players should have the freedom and creativity to use heroes in as many combinations as possible. And you can use your creativity to come up with a better solution. If a composition exists that is clearly superior to all others and not easily countered, that is when Blizzard has to adjust the game balance.

Plus “the team always has to have a tank and a healer” is pretty easy to understand. Saying “you can never have more than 2 of a role if there is 3 of any other role” is confusing and doesn’t make much sense. Besides, I am sure all of us have played plenty of games with a 1/4/1 composition and won, or at least had a fun time in the process.

1 Like

I want a RoleQueue with 2Flex-2Tank-2Heal, which would mean you could use any composition, besides SoloTank and/or SoloHeal.

And then have either 3 or 4 votes to unlock roles.

✅ [Role Select] Finalizing this concept

I mean, I’ve been playing too??

If you don’t believe me fine, thats your problem, not mine. LFG works fine and the reason it doesn’t work is because people already assume its dead because of negative voices like yourself.

The game isnt bad, imo. A bit stale, sure. but not horrible- its much improved. The forums are just a slice of the most negative opinions. You’re sure allowed to have an opinion, but you probably know the phrase about them…well. everyone’s got one.

1 Like

Most of what you said in your reply could be said about no hero limits when it was taken away.
It limits creativity, it limits compositions, limits fun, it limits the spirit of the game, etc, etc.

In the end it was better for the game and the game is in a much healthier State now than when you can run three Lucio’s on one team or 3 DVA’s for example.

A lot of people are unhappy with the game now and another change like the one where Blizzard took away no limits has to happen. In the end it will be better for the game and for the health the game.
Even if some stubborn people don’t see it that way. The same kind of people eventually realized that taking away no limits was the way to go.

You don’t need 2/2/2 for an enjoyable game. The insistence on 2/2/2 is because that is what some players want the meta to be.

Under the right balance, 1/4/1 could be perfectly viable and enjoyable. In some MMRs, it already is. The only constant that everyone seems to agree on is that every team needs a tank and a healer. So make that the standard. If you want more, demand that your flexes actually flex and do what the team needs.

1 Like

well the problem it solves for me is that the support mains don’t ask me to go tank or second support just because I’m not in the kill feed the entire match

Except that Blizzard openly admitted that they never balanced the game with No Limits in mind, and said they didn’t feel they ever could. Competitive play never had that ruleset, only QuickPlay. Even tournament play prior to the release of Competitive quickly forbid players from hero stacking.

Again, GOATS is temporary. Just like the previous triple tank, Beyblade, and dive metas were temporary. When the balance changes away from GOATS, we may find ourselves experimenting again…and when that happens, we should not be locked into 2/2/2.

1 Like

What do you mean, a bunch of teams like NRG, Rogue, Cloud 9, etc early on would run 2 McCrees, or 2 Soldiers, 2 Lucios, 2 Tracers.
I remember clearly because I used to watch those games.
In 2cp maps 2nd point it was always like 2 DVA’s and 3 Tracers, stalling.

Those were early tournaments. They were played using the QuickPlay mode (which was the only consistent mode at the time). And it didn’t take long before tournaments started to forbid hero stacking.

When Competitive came out, it came out with the 1 hero limit which was commonly being used in pro tournaments by that point. We’re only talking a few months after launch.

And as I said, Blizzard said it simply wasn’t possible to balance a single hero based on up to 6 of them being present on one team.

It really wasn’t even that players saw it as opening more strategies. The main push to keep it in QP was the folks who found it hilarious to 6 stack Torb or Mei to troll. Once the average players weren’t around to annoy, No Limits wasn’t anywhere near as popular as everyone predicted.

Under that system, I’d just choose flex with no secondary role and lock DPS every time. The only incentive to select a tank or healer role is to reduce queue times in role select, and it virtually guarantees you’ll wind up as tank or heal.

I don’t see any circumstances where people in role select would actually vote to disable the roles, and I think it would generally take long enough to put you at a tactical disadvantage if you needed to swap outside of your role urgently.

1 Like

Well I kinda expect Flex to be a DPS pick 90% of the time.
But you could go any composition you want, as long as it’s not solo tank or solo heal.

As for unlocking roles, the “game theory” changes quite a bit on whether it’s 3 or 4 votes. But I figure 3 votes if 2Flex-2-2 is mandatory.

• 1 vote = The player who wanted 3rd DPS
  • 1 vote = The player who is okay doing either soloTank or soloHeal
  • 1 vote = Some other player who is cool with the idea (or 4th DPS)

actually 2/2/2 is the only way i ever had fun in this game. Whenever i am healing a solo tank, the person tanking feels frustrated. Dps get angry because they arent being healed. Heal(ers) get pissed off cuz everyone is spamming “i need healing”.

oh boy when we get 2 tanks, 3 dps and 1 healer… i’d rather be the fourth dps.

lol as brazilian i can say that we manage the “roles” hard as duck. you wont see a team with only “offensive” players even in a 8 years old teams

1. How is anyone supposed to get better?
  2. What if 2 non-DPS mains choose to practice DPS end up in the same game?
  3. What if someone wants to practice a hero they aren’t good at? I’m a fine Pharah but you can’t stop me from playing a terri-bad Doom.

Balanced isn arguable, fun is even more subjective. I find 2-2-2 mostly boring and have more fun in other comps, even if they are just 1-5 in whatever role.

Pirate Ship

1. Orisa
  2. Rein
  3. Bastion
  4. Any DPS
  5. Mercy
  6. Any healer

GOATS, sure you got me, impossible with 2-2-2 and is boring
4 tanks is fun to play, sorry you don’t like it.

cough 1 or 2 flex slots cough

isn’t pirate ship 2-2-2?

Edit: Someone beat me to it