I don't mean to beat a dead horse but

I agree that mercy needs some changes to actually make her feel impactful, but she was meant to be like that gateaway into support. She suppose to be very simple to use and easy for people to get value out of without much intelligent play. Don’t however, bring back mass rez, That ult was so freaking powerful that with just that alone she had a 100% pick rate in all games. You could not pop any DPS ult without it being a total waste unless u can confirm the mercy kill first. It was the most annoying game of hide and seek ever.

people combat that with “well dps can get a 6 man kill, so why cant mercy get a 6man rez” this is absolute bull. no dps has a guranteed ult to get 6 kills. these ults require position and using them at the right time, if they get at least one kill with the ult then that a great ult. mercy mass rez was basically delete enemy ults value with a target that u cant even kill on its way in cuz its so fast. Some characters are gonna have higher pick rate then most, but when u got 100% pick rate accross the board then that characters obviously broken.

2 Likes

Why didn’t you bury the horse? what the hell why are you beating a horse moreover a dead one… sigh

Sounds like a good idea but it wasn’t what Seagull wanted err… I mean the entire Overwatch community wanted, they’d rather force a meta suiting to those godly players!

2 Likes

Only really bad mercy’s hide in the corner lmao I don’t speak for those people but that’s really only a problem in bronze-silver unless the mercy is boosted in which case she’ll drop eventually. That’s like saying people who play rein enjoy holding down shield and doing nothing, even though again that’s no true most of the time.

Nope

Please don’t. I’m happy with her

Please stop making these useless threads

That’s what I’m trying and clearly failing to say. I just want them to change her in any way that’s fun and different from what she is now.

And you’re down to playing the liar.

Good luck with anyone taking you seriously after claiming that “Die on point” never existed and wasnt a completely nonsensical strategy.

1 Like

I’m not responding to everyone bc it keeps giving me a wait for players to participate message. Idk what that means since I’m new to the forums. Before anyone else comments “she’s fun” or “nah she’s fine” I already know some people like her, everyone is upset was a generalization. Instead I should have said many mercy players are upset. Why I want a rework or revert (people seem to forget I also said rework)? Her ultimate is basically her normal gameplay which makes it boring. Hide where enemies cant see you and keep a beam on one if your teammates. It will connect to the others so there is no need for thinking. Rez as a common ability is op and sucks to try to get off. Its sluggish for the Mercy and op for the other team. Her ultimate in MY OPINION needs to be replaced because it’s not an “ultimate” in the sense that it’s exciting and game changing. Her rez all together is op and should be linked to her ult for that reason. I am not saying bring mass rez back. I’m saying replace this ult and rez on e is op. A small buff will not make her ult more entertaining which is why I’m saying replace it.
@Roflknife (it won’t let me reply to you.)
I never said die on point never existed. It means everyone put your all into the fight regardless because Mercy can fix any mistakes. It doesn’t mean everyone try to die. It means if you die its ok as long as you’re in range. I don’t know why you linked that thread, I didn’t make it and I don’t agree with it so…

I would prefer that they remove Mercy in her entirety because ressurection has no place in OW.

1 Like

I look at the number of forum posts on the topic, and it is pretty obvious that it isn’t the case.

a successful rework would leave a LOT more people happy than this one did.

2 Likes

maybe we should rework the ult to having more resses midfight, but she still vulnerable to cc and death during res. make the res timer a little bit longer to increase the stopping window

1 Like

when is this forum ever happy? Mercy is fine where she is for the most part, res was and still is super op the only thing mercy may need is a small 10hps buff to her healing. Her ult charges super fast and hitting a valking mercy is super hard even at the pro lvl.

1 Like

Rez is op which is why it should be tied to her ult or removed in my opinion. Her current ult is basically her normal gameplay with less thinking so it’s boring to many people. Statistically she’s fine but that doesn’t really make her fun. Sombra’s fun and she still has one of the lowest pickrates

so i see what you are saying and then i am wondering, how would you change her to make her more fun to play? i was gonna say battle mercy but no… never again plz god no

Idk I haven’t really thought about that much but anything is better than hide and hold left click. Battle mercy is a bad idea and it’s against her character. All I know is way to fix mass rez. I feel like a mass rez with a short range, los, max 4 people, and cast time would be underpowered but more fun than valk even though this suggestion would probably mean instant death for the mercy. Chain beams is a problem for sure, imagine if ana could shoot all her teammates at once that would be horrible to play against. Since rez is so strong it would need to be in her ult in some way or just be removed entirely. I’m not very creative but other people probably have better ideas lol

oh god no… mass res is gone and needs to stay gone. mass res of 4 people is still wayyyyy too much and makes so many great combos turned to nothing because of it. can you imaging how much worse goats would be if the bomb grav bash combo could be negated by a single ult.

Revert should never come up regarding Mercy, especially not if people have the 5 man ress in mind. Ever.
Now, if they want a minor buff to healing, well, it does seem just a tiny bit weak, just a bit. I’d find a +5 hp/sec acceptable.

That’s about it.

good luck trying to pretend mercy wasnt an f tier character.

1 Like

It isn’t a question of her being under powered, it was that that before the rework, people were complaining that she had very little power outside of ult/res because it took all the power in her kit.

After the rework (which was meant to fix that) even more power was talked up by Ult/Rez.
So much so they had to nerf the rest of her kit.

They didn’t just not fix the problem, they made it worse.

We should put a bullet in valk, and put Rez back on as an ult, but make it single target.

Then, then we would have enough power freed up to make her day to day kit strong.

1 Like

so if we do that, make her ult only res one, how would you balance the rest of her kit so that it would be good but not op? again it is the soldier/phara/reaper problem. she is at a good spot for balance but the down side about her is that what she does is just a boring thing. healing isn’t that fun of a thing which is why we have more dps than healers.

Lets take monks from wow as an example: they had a healing spec, it was kinda boring until someone found out about fistweaving aka monks doing damage to heal everyone. it was huge and super fun to play but it took alot of skill to match their regular healing, still every monk went that way cuz it was more fun than regular healing and one of the most fun healers i’ve played. standing there casting holy light on someone over and over again is boring and you get sometimes to a point where no matter how much you spam you can’t heal everyone and someone dies, but if you are in the fight punching the boss, even if you aren’t doing as much healing you feel like you are having more of an impact and more fun.