I don't like that open division is done through a third party

…I demand to know why people are taking my name in vain.

3 Likes

Rofl. All Hail eeth!

4 Likes

Though the OWL is like the MLB, key differences exist. I’ll explain.

Facts about the MLB and OWL

Major League Baseball Was founded in 1903. It has 30 teams on one continent, and they have 40 players each. In total, the MLB is comprised of 1,200 players and has been active for 116 years.

The MLB league minimum salary is $545,000 dollars, a pretty hefty investment, with the highest paid player making about $38 million a year.

MLB players succumb to illness, minor injuries, major injuries, and retirement regularly.

The OWL has existed since 2017. They have 20 teams world-wide with 10 players per team. In total, the OWL is two years old, and has 200 players.

The OWL minimum salary is $50,000 dollars, one tenth of the league minimum of MLB, with the highest player making about $220,000 a year, a great salary, but it’s $300,000 dollars less than the league minimum of the MLB.

OWL players succumb to illness, minor injury, and retirement infrequently.

How are my facts addressing your post

Major League Baseball needs an extensive farm system because the teams are making a $500k-$38 million dollar investment into a player, and they need to keep the 1,200 players stacked with players in their prime, factoring in frequent injuries, illnesses, and retirements.

The Overwatch League doesn’t need an extensive “farm” system because it is two years old (demand for players isn’t there yet), players are typically healthy and available throughout the season, and I can only think of 3 retirements—dafran, Seagull, and Fissure. The investment isn’t nearly has high either.

I love the OWL, but it’s not at the MLB’s level (yet), so you cannot equate the two, though there are many similarities.

1 Like

we’re only focusing on the similarities for the purposes of this discussion

Confirmation bias - A type of cognitive bias that involves favoring information that confirms your previously existing beliefs or biases .

You’re not having a discussion.

1 Like

when I said that I misspoke. I should have said you’re taking my words out of context, because obviously I don’t think OWL and MLB are the same thing.

Where’s the remote?
It’s in the couch cushions.
What’s in the couch cushions?

This is how some conversations on the forums go.

At least you’re admitting it, that’s a good first step.

telling the truth is easy for some eeth

There’s a difference between perceived truth and objective truth, eeth.

I don’t even play overwatch anymore eeth

So much for telling the truth, you lost a few games on Bastion recently eeth.

this post is about Open Division eeth

Hey, good job - your Bastion win rate is up to 49% over nearly 13 hours this season, nice! You should probably learn some new heroes though, Bastion doesn’t really help your teammates in every situation eeth.

don’t patronize me eeth

I want to join a team that is competing in this. Someone message me. I have PC and PS4

Really? As you wish, eeth.

thanks for posting on my thread, but you may have better luck in the LFG subforum

…playing literally anything other than Bastion, in most cases eeth.

eeth please stay on topic , derailing is against the CoC

I agree completely, let’s talk about Bastion in the Open Division meta eeth.