I don't like that open division is done through a third party

What about it that you don’t like? Are they corrupt or something?

Maybe they want it to be done in-game.

1 Like

to go pro, you must leave Blizzard for open division and then go back, I want it all in house.

Anecdotally, I tried to join an open division team and they required me to link my Battlenet account to BattleFY. I refused. They wouldn’t let me on the team. I don’t blame them for it, I’d rather have Open division done through the client.

if it’s low on Blizz’s priority list, that’s fine with me. but nevertheless, I wish things were different

Why is OW different?

1 Like

Its because outside of OWL (which makes them a profit) they dont give a sh!t.

They take so long to pay prize money to people in T2 and below as its just a cost to them and they are not interested in funding it.

Also why theyve done what theyve done to the world cup. Most of the teams have to pay for everything themselves.

BattleFY is the official manager for the Open Division, authorized by Blizzard. It’s safe to link your Battlenet account to them. Here’s a good write up: Open Division Practice Season (exclusive spray & player icon) - Registration closes Oct. 6th!.

3 Likes

because the MLB doesn’t sanction little league teams, Overwatch does, i.e. the ladder

You lost me. I don’t understand.

1 Like

OWL=MLB

Open Division = AAA

Ladder =/= peewee

…is not equal to sportsball.

1 Like

I just want Open Division to take place in client eeth

OWL has scouts in every bracket, just do your best and I’m sure you’ll get picked up.

1 Like

eeth that’s not what this post is about

You can make posts, but you can’t dictate where they go organically. Just keep working to improve yourself, you’ll be on stage playing with Seagull in no time!

1 Like

I’m requesting, not dictating eeth

You request all you like, eeth. (Is that how people end sentences these days?)

1 Like

so did you come to protest my request eeth or encourage it?

That’s not what this topic is about, eeth. Thanks.

1 Like

eeth, so let’s talk about the topic

I don’t like that Open Division takes place outside of the client

…I demand to know why people are taking my name in vain.

3 Likes