I don't have access to Replays and it's been months

I have no replays, they never show up. It’s been like this for a few months. Reinstalling the game / bnet doesnt fix it. it doesnt matter what game mode I play, i have no access to replays

1 Like

Hey there,

Replays are saved locally in a user folder in Windows, so if they’re not saving there may be a read/write or permissions issue with your Windows user account.

Try creating a new administrator account and then launch Overwatch while logged into that account to see if replays save there.

Where is that folder located? My windows account is an admin

The idea is that there might be a permission setting or corruption on the current account, so it’s worth making a secondary one to test that.

The folder is located here:

C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Blizzard Entertainment\Overwatch

Ok I found the folder is it safe to delete to see if it would fix my issue?

Also this is unrelated to my issue but are doomfist bugs being worked on at all? We have a detailed list and video of every single bug and how to repeat almost every one. We have a google document that is organized is there anyone I can send it to? I post it on the bug forums but I feel like nobody looks at that.

They read everything in #bug-report and will only respond if they require more info about reproducing the issue.

Well I might have to disagree with that because Doomfist has over 50 bugs currently. When a new bug was introduced on PTR several doomfist players reported the bug on the PTR bug reports and it was never fixed / they never replied to the post. It got pushed to live and we reported it several times and it hasn’t been fixed.

It’s been almost a year now and the bug is still not fixed and doom still has over 50 bugs plaguing him.

1 Like

It’s funny because now they are going to stop replying to you because they know your right. There absolutely never going to fix doom. There’s such obvious hero favoritism. If a hitscan gets a bug of some sort, it’s fixed very quickly. Next patch even. Doom has had some bugs effecting him for a year plus and they still haven’t been touched.

You are safe to delete the folder yes. The game should try to recreate it next time you launch the game and enter a match.

I’m afraid we don’t have any insight into Doomfist bugs on the Technical Support forums. Technical Forum Agents like myself are here to help troubleshot technical issues with the game. We are not Overwatch developers or Quality Assurance testers, so we can’t fix bugs.

As long as you’ve reported the bugs in the correct place, the Bug Report forums like Nicole mentioned, then they will be seen and documented. Whether they will be fixed or prioritized is not something we can really comment on here, since that’s not what we do in Technical Support.

1 Like

I deleted the folder and saw it rebuild itself. But I still don’t have access to replays.

GenjiDeity,

Did you ever test the new admin step that we recommended earlier? Our current assumption is that there’s a permission error going on here. You mentioned that your account is admin, but as Nicole mentioned, your registry can become corrupted which can mess with our ability to read and write certain data. If you haven’t tested on a new admin account, please do that now.

I will do the admin thing later, if that is the issue what can I do to fix it to make it work on my main account?

Same i have the same problem

I made an admin account and played 2 games of OW and I still didn’t have access to replays.

So I decided to do a test. I have 2 accounts for overwatch. One is my alt account where I play my other mains on, and I decided to play one custom game and INSTANTLY I got a replay in my replay tab.

This does not happen on my main account.

edit: im surprised you wrote my name backwards :slight_smile:

That is INTERESTING but also narrows things down a lot. It just makes it easier to type out if I write it backwards. Hahah.

If it’s only happening on your main account, that is more likely an issue with some local cached data instead of admin permissions. Let’s try to fix this by blowing away all local caches and rebuilding them from scratch.

1. Press Windows+R to open the Run prompt
  2. Type one of the below locations and press enter:
    %programdata%
    %temp%
    %appdata%
    %localappdata%
  3. Delete any folders which say Blizzard, Battle.net, or Blizzard Entertainment
  4. Repeat steps 2/3 for all 4 locations above
  5. Grab a new Battle.net application installer from our website and run it (this will reinstall agent, which we delete as part of these steps)

Let me know if it works after that. If not, we may need to borrow your account to do some testing so I may need to send you to the ticket system if it fails.

Note: We do not ask for login information when we do this. We can access your account by setting our own password, so never give your password to anybody.

truuuu

for your fix, is it going to delete any of my in game settings or anything like that? would it delete any of my settings from other games like CoD MW or world of warcraft? what does deleting these files do to overwatch and my other games?

and whoa you guys can access our account and play comp and stuff?

Hey there,

World of Warcraft stores game settings in the WTF folder so you should be fine there. I think Modern Warfare is in the Users/Documents folder. Though they do use some of the %appdata% folders for temp stuff.

Overall it should be safe to delete though if it’s a concern I do recommend taking a screenshot of your settings before deleting any folders. That way the settings can be changed back after the reset.

Hope the info helps. Cheers!

THANK YOU!!! i did all the steps you told me and when i went into my replay tab, ALL of the games I played yesterday showed up! so they existed but just never showed up.

i just have a few questions
what could of caused this?
why would i have replays but not have it display in my game?

thanks so much Drakuloth!

1 Like

GenjiDeity,

If I were to hazard a guess, there was an issue in one of your caches which broke the link between your in game display and your temporary replay data - it gets stored temporarily until you hit max replays and it gets crashed. I’m not sure exactly which of those folders would have been the fix, but I had a hunch based on everything that didn’t work. It could have been temp data, but there’s other things in the appdata/localappdata folders that can interfere. Each of our clients is a bit different so it’s never completely certain which one we need to get rid of to clear something like this until we test it. I’m super glad we were finally able to get this working for you after so long, however! If anything else comes up, feel free to reach out!

Thanks for following up on the solution!