I do not want a phone contract just to play a videogame

Is this a problem when the Terms of Service, which you’re supposed to read and agree to, clarifies this?

”Your use of the Platform is licensed, not sold, to you, and you hereby acknowledge that no title or ownership with respect to the Platform or the Games is being transferred or assigned and this Agreement should not be construed as a sale of any rights. All access to and use of the Platform and the Games is subject to this Agreement, the applicable software documentation, and our Privacy Policy (accessible at Legal – Blizzard Entertainment) (collectively, the “Complete Terms”).”

1 Like

To put it simply, we were asked to purchase months before the Season pass, being told what was in it for the most part. THEN much later was told the game needs to now have a mobile phone? Without it, people would not be able to access said pass. No matter what legalize in the ToS, asking for purchase then denying access to said purchaser will NOT hold up in court.

3 Likes

That’s for the Watchpoint Pack and Bliz are actively giving out refunds for it right now.

Also, the mobile phone requirement has also been here for months. In the Watchpoint Pack, which people paid for to get access to S1 of OW2’s Premium BP and 2000 credits (as well as a bunch of Legendary Skins), it specifically states that a mobile phone number is required for SMS verification to play OW2.

I meant to say the jury.

Welp that was really helpful cause I have a provider I pay yet can’t get this sms protect to work and agreed this is discriminatory and bad business some people can’t afford prepaid phones or are teens who can’t get a provider cause they aren’t 18 so more discriminatory

1 Like

A mobile phone is fine don’t have a problem with that cause who doesn’t have phones but why does a prepaid and voip providers are disallowed cause I pay a provider and this one isn’t on their list of acceptable providers so I can’t verify it that’s what all of us are angry about

1 Like

That, I’m not sure. I say this because some pre-paid plans work whilst others don’t so I’m not sure how the technicalities work.

Regardless, it does say on Blizzard’s page for SMS Verification that prepaid and VOIP phones may not work for SMS verification. If anyone had pre-paid and read this, they really shouldn’t have bought the WP pack.

This also the problem I have I pay for a provider yet not allowed don’t understand that at all I even called cricket to ask if their a voip and they had no idea sent to me to somebody else who told me know I filed a complaint cause phone authentication is one thing preventing me playing cause that is discriminatory affecting things outside of the control of the person asking for it by limiting something they can use to get into a product they payed for which a person did mention the tos but that only goes so far especially in the providers department not allowing some over others that’s called something in legal terms that I don’t know because I am not a lawyer but I have a reddit and am stupid enough to try to learn things from it but also have a memory of a fish

I have friends and this is the game we play cause there’s not really another game like it

No it’s more like someone saying I like horror movies and going to the movies to see a horror movie and needing a passport because there were people from Brazil poopin on the seats but only passports from North America are disallowed
It doesn’t fix the problem
Attacks a group that has nothing to do with it
Now being a hypocrite as I am if this didn’t affect me I probably would be on the other side cause if it doesn’t affect me I usually don’t care

1 Like

Spending extra money just to play a “Free-to-play” game is very counter-intuitive, no?

2 Likes

If its just a few dollars, then there is pretty much no cost associated with making as many smurfs as they want, or cheating on many accounts. Which is probably why they are excluding pre paid plans.

10-40 dollars for ow1 didnt stop people from making tons of smurfs, why would an even cheaper price?

It may? This is another issue, some of us have already given our numbers and so it’s verified, however there hasn’t been a clear answer on if it will work come October 4th.

I was able to get into OW1 and get the skins I wanted without the pop-up/request to include my phone number like others had, but I’m still not sure if I will get into OW2 or not.

2 Likes

My dude, what you are paying for all of these things is incredibly unreal.
$35-65 dollars a day for transportation?
Electricity of $225-375 a month?
A vehicle payment of $650 a month?
$337 in groceries a week?

If these are your expenses, you are not living reasonably. Even if you only got 20MPG (which is pretty bad), at the reimbursement rate of $0.58 per mile per the IRS would mean you’d have to travel more than 60 miles per day to reach those costs. If you’re traveling that far for work, you need to move closer to work.

If you’re paying $225 a month on electricity, you need to weatherize your home and actually pay attention to your

Let’s tally up, based on what you wrote here, what the cost is per month for these necessities. Everything you listed (being generous and only assuming $35/day for only 20 days with assumption you aren’t traveling on your days off, and assuming lower limits for everything you posted) is $4313 per month. That is absolutely ludicrous.

Internet at 110 a month? Lower your speeds, drop the cable portion (you don’t need it). Electricity $225 a month? Turn off the lights when you aren’t in a room, don’t run appliances (including televisions) when you aren’t actually using them, take simple steps to keep your home naturally cooler like putting blackout curtains in your windows and closing them during the day, and raise your thermostat up - 74-78 is absolutely reasonable. Investigate weatherization for your home, and see if your a/c needs repairs or just a cleaning/tune up.

Fuel/transportation costs of $35 a day is outrageous. Are you traveling more than 50 miles each way to and from work? See if there is public transportation you can take, even if only part of the way, or look into moving closer to your work if you commute.

Groceries of $337 a week??? You seriously need to cook from scratch more, buy food in bulk - 20 pound bags of rice or beans are about $20 each. Avoid buying expensive meats, eggs and beans are a cheaper source of protein than beef.

lucky for you most prepaid phone plans work just fine for the phone verificaiton

Who are YOU to tell people how to spend THEIR money? You have NO say in the matter, period.

No, the phone verification should only be for competitive modes.
Making people sign up with phone number to even log on to the game just creates a barrier to entry that is going to turn a lot of people away, and doesn’t help smurfing in competitive any more than only restricting competitive.

2 Likes

It blows my mind. Support basically says “too bad, so sad.” like what?? I’ve spent MONEY on this game and you just spit in my face lol. Metro PCS doesn’t work but Tracphone does??? MAKE IT MAKE SENSE.

Talon:
Suggests your spending too much then says:

“[to save money,] look into moving closer to your work if you commute.”

My man wants him to buy a house/apartment and move when cash is tight, yet he wants to be some financial guru? lmao

1 Like

Kotaku just recently put an article out on this if you wanna check it out.
Maybe throw youre voice over there as well?