I can't wait to smurf in OW2

I don’t care what you call it. If you make 72 different accounts and go in games to either be a jerk or stomp weaker players then you’re ruining the game for people. There is no point to it and hey should replace the terms “smurf account” or “alt account” with either “bully account” or “jerk account” Because that’s all they are.

There is no argument anyone can make to having more than maybe 2 accounts per 1 person other than you’re a complete jerk or bully. End of story.

3 Likes

which is tax deductible. ggez go next

You may be in for a surprise if you don’t understand why this is important. Have you ever tried to add a non-postpaid phone number to a battle.net account?

1 Like

Tbh, I think most of those low level accounts are just people who get banned on their main for toxicity.

1 Like

No more smurfing in OW2 as in order to have an account you need to register it to a paid and working phone number. I’m a Smurf on console. I only Smurf to out bully the enemy smurfs. I really don’t understand why Gen Z bullies so much.

Micro epeen (for the mods: epeen is an old Blizzard wow april fools joke)
I don’t get it either, it’s just sad

1 Like

Yeah, well Blizzard can stick that carrot up their butt.
Good job team.

1 Like

I don’t disagree on the stomp question - OTOH, if they are stomping you in a round, but then go on to higher levels, what is the issue outside of the frequency?

The reason the terms matter is you interact with the accounts differently. An alt in theory you might encounter one or two times, and is not in violation of TOS. A “Smurf” you will encounter over and over and is in violation of TOS.

If you value your MMR - I could make the case that best scenario is one account per character/role. There are many good reasons, not the least of which is a desire to not inflict undue pain on your teammates while you learn a new character. Just saying everyone does it to “be a jerk” is terribly myopic a view.

Now, I also think that too many alts is a big problem despite being inline with TOS as it distorts the true player skill curve in the MMR system.

I don’t think we’d even need new SIM cards, when apps like BlueStacks are there to create virtual smart phones. I’m not 100% certain this will work, but if it does, lol then having different phones won’t be a problem at all.

There is still something I don’t get, all those people who have multiple cough, alt accounts’’ cough they have to tie a phone number each? and if they wanna move the celphone number to another acc of their preference? ?_? I still don’t get what happens to those multiple accounts owners

They warm up on a low rank, then change account, play poorly, then revert.
They get drunk and play on a low rank account.
They tell themselves they are the highest rank they have.
They back seat people on their low rank accounts.
Well that is my two dollars anyway.

2 Likes

Soooooo. The thread didn’t age too well, did it? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Is sad to smurfing in any case: pure loser mentality, that they don’t understand. Is near exactly the same for who cheat.

after that walk outside to touch grass

I don’t seriously feel like y’all even seriously want nor need to after hearing Blizzard’s New Competitive model.

I the frustration revolving around atm yet in a few short Days I am steady believing that Competitive will be way less stressful & obnoxious compared to as is in game now.

Just noticed how old this Post was so technically I am from the Future telling you that MMR soft Resets are indeed Confirmed :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I don’t know if you have seen my post history.

I asked Bliz to fix smurfing for at least the last 18 months where they have done nothing.
They were making money from smurf accounts.

Smurfing actually hurts Bliz a heck of a lot in their new free to play model. So they have actually sunk lots of cash and dev time into making sure it doesn’t happen

I am not sure if I am happy because they finally are doing something to fix it after all my recommendations or that if they didn’t fix it I was going to make a ton of alt accounts.

OW1 is currently packed with smurfs, every game has 1-2 sub level 75 accounts playing high skill heros.

Its going to be cool to see how this all pans out.

Welcome to the squad buddy! But 1st you need to learn smurf commandments:

#1 If you don’t go to GM, GM will come at you
#2 The higher your rank the less your winrate is.
#3 Don’t waste freshie w/o initial derank
#4 There’s no point in playing high ranks if you’re already a high rank
#5 Pepegas are like McDonald’s, tasty, but you’re hungry in an hour
#6 A win rate below 65% is a waste of time
#7 You’re not versing pepegas, you’re versing a dumb matchmaking
#8 Smurfdiffing player takes over enemy mercy
#9 Smurfing is only your prerogative, enemy smurfs should be sent to practice on their Main
#10 Low elo is designed for smurfing

I have 8 accounts. Just need to find 7 family members who will let me use their phone numbers.

i played first time since season 16/18 again and played soloque dps from bronze 5 to Dia 4 sojourn “only”… Mostly…

On my second account, fresh - i got placed into Master 1.

So yea, have fun until your loose streak hitting in xD

Most of them have small pp’s so that’s an ego boost, the not even 1% of playerbase kinds like Dafran who have 5+ accounts in t500 are not really an issue, but the worst kind (even worse than the small pp ego guys) are the boosters.