I can't talk about Mercy without it being put in the megathread?

Can I not have my post locked just because it has Mercy’s name in it?
The post was about the impact of a game mechanic (resurrect) in general. It wasn’t meant to debate the rework, which is what the megathread is for. There’s no meaningful discussion to be had in a thread with 11,000 replies in it. Also, give me a way to dispute that kind of thing and posts like this won’t happen.

This post will likely be put in the mega-thread as well, that is where it belongs. Resurrect is the most controversial and most important part of her rework.

1 Like

I’d understand that if I’d made just another complainer post. Those pop up every day. I took the time to try to start a meaningful discussion that was more general than just her rework. I’d think that would generate meaningful feedback and would be appreciated. It’s just frustrating.

If you mention Mercy then your thread goes to the Mercy graveyard, doesn’t matter whether it has to do with the rework or not.

:spider_web: Meaningful Mercy feedback is still Mercy feedback. Nothing is spared from the VOID, lol.

Salt threads, revert threads, pro-mercy, anti-mercy, threads just talking about one specific part of her kit. It all gets chucked there, lad.

It depends what you say and when you say it whether or not you end up in the thread.

Generally, if the comments you make could be viewed as being negative towards Blizzard you have a higher chance of getting their.

It’ll probably continue until people start sending mail/e-mail to other staff at Blizzard/Activision and that mail/e-mail becomes annoying enough for them to shift the way moderators deal with things on forums. Who knows, they might consider adding some sub-forums.

That’s the thing though. Most threads are trying to start meaningful discussions. The sheer number if them are almost forcing them to dump them in the megathread to avoid clogging up the thread lists and subsequently cause a big stink.

They could put in subforms for specific heros so that things wouldn’t get clogged. WOW has them for it’s classes.

Some of them are. If I were in charge, I’d move the unhelpful rage posts or overly-posted topics into it. It was terribly cluttering when the front page was ALL “I hate the Mercy rework”, so I get that. I just thought the general concept of resurrection existing in this game in ANY form (pre, post-rework, or any other time in the future) was worth discussing on its own. Oh, well.

Yeah, they really should do that. The forums right now are very limiting and very basic. It needs some improvements

1 Like

You might have better luck getting a discussion on it that’d stay up by trying different phrasing or a more split focus. For example, a discussion of support abilities in general and if you should have more characters with the abilities in that are unique to each support and if the abilities are good or bad for the game.

For instance your comment that:

could have actually applied to a different hero a year ago at pro skill levels.

Lucio was the only hero that provided a speed boost and was dominant for that fact.

https://www.overbuff.com/blobs/1mG3l0tNGgQ.jpg

2 Likes