I cant see who my teammates main?!?

Continuing the discussion from Overwatch PTR Patch Notes – June 5, 2018:

this is a vital part of creating a solid team comp. i see no one plays rein and we need rein so i pick one. we asked for this feature to be even more easy to see and it was really useful. Why taking that away? Thats just wrong.

10 Likes

You could always communicate with your teammates instead of checking the profiles.

21 Likes

people can still set it to visible if they want to

and those that make it private are people that do not want to play their most played heroes, so it would not be relevant in this case

2 Likes

This is VERY NEEDED. I played 8 hours of Brigitte at the start of this season, but I later found I am doing better in my usual DPS roles. I don’t want to get badgered to play Brigitte just because she is my most played hero in my profile. I also believe it is fair to try new roles without be criticized with how much experience I have with that hero.

Besides with the new IN-GAME Looking for Group features, having to read other player’s profiles are not as extensively needed.

9 Likes

If someone is hiding their profile, I guarantee they’re not gonna be truthful about whatever they’re hiding.

8 Likes

To create a solid team comp now you might have to use the LFG feature that blizz is adding.

2 Likes

Because some people are “stuck” in their role even when they don’t want to be. I don’t need someone telling me I should play such and such because I have the most hours on that hero when I really want to play a different hero. Especially if it still works for our team comp

5 Likes

I don’t have a single minute off of support this season.
Imagine me trying to pick dps right now, my team instantly tilts and get toxic

8 Likes

What exactly are they hiding? A bomb? People want more flex players, but the moment a Mercy main picks a DPS the whole team starts whining.

9 Likes

hiding your profile will instantly target you. 50% of my mathes we create a solid team in 10secs by just looking at the 3 most played heroes. maybe this is still there so idk about your whole profile but these 3 heroes should stay there. if someone has 3k hours on x hero it was his decision to do it. no one forced him to one trick.

say it louder for the ppl in the back

Besides with the new looking for group feature, it should be much more easy to find a team willing to go tank

2 Likes

Because most Mercy mains can’t aim. I would rather a Mercy main play Mercy than play any kind of DPS.

They could be hiding all kinds of things: Whether or not they’re boosted, an OT, or an off meta main. Hiding your career profile prevents the formation of a decent team comp.

4 Likes

Good thing with this update you won’t be able to judge if they can or they can’t aim before the match. Thank you for proving my point.

10 Likes

Why would you not want to be playing your best heroes in comp? Comp is not a place to experiment. If a Mercy main who’s only played Mercy decides to pick DPS in comp out of nowhere, your team is now at a disadvantage.

2 Likes

I have nothing against this feature, but it led to more toxicity than it was helpful.

Now i can finally play competitive and actually flex to what i think is the best choice instead of someone else telling me what is “my correct hero to play”.

3 Likes

Congratulations, you played yourself.

Back to the original post: I think this isn’t much of a problem.

1 Like

That’s quite the broad generalisation you’ve got there,don’t you think it’s better to reserve your judgement till after you’ve seen the person play.

2 Likes

i means hes a dick…

but hes right, most cant play dps to the level they have to at the rank maining mercy got them too.

i played a lot of rein this season… i dont think i could play dps at this rank.

truth> feelings.

3 Likes

Oh boy, here we go. The same with people whining and falsely reporting people who won’t switch. Just how important do you think you are? Why are you privy to someone’s career profile and their rank/most played hero/other stats? Focus less on your teammates, and focus more on your own gameplay.

4 Likes

I haven’t been Mercy main anymore for like 5 seasons now and i’m still getting asked to pick Mercy sometimes. God forbid i dare to pick dps despite i play them all the time outside comp.

That’s just one reason why i wanted to be able to hide my career profile.

1 Like