I can't launch the game

Day 2 and still blank despite things suggested to fix it. It should also be known WoW, Diablo, Starcraft II and all the others have their pages look fine (buttons showing etc), but Overwatch and Starcraft too are entirely blank, and it’s the same for a bunch of friends which also have tried similar steps.

So far the only way to access Overwatch is through the system tray right clicking the OW symbol there.

Just seems strange that it’s the same for the Starcraft tab also.

Thanks for the fix man, I can finally play the game haha

Same issue, the reason it’s blank seems to be that it’s trying to open up a window about the halloween event that takes up the screen but for a couple of days I haven’t had news feed boxes popping up for any of my games.

I FOUND that if I log out of Blizzard app and change my region to Europe when it loads up I get the pop-up message, close it, then when I switch back to US I can see the play button.

Still no NewsFeed boxes but I can at least play Overwatch.

As an aside if Blizzard is working on a fix for this I have uninstalled, cleared %appdata%, %localappdata% and %programdata% of all Battlenet or Blizzard files. Anything left in program files, reinstalled twice, disabled all anti virus software and firewalls and it’s still an issue in my Blizzard launcher. Newsfeed boxes do not show up in Americas region, only when I switch to Europe.

For me I fail to connect to server 100% of times
Pls help

Yep, tried that initially with no success.
I guess I’ll try uninstalling the Launcher in it’s entirety as other users have done.

I’d suggest looking at the pathway for all the Switch advertisement assets to make sure they’re not on a commonly used Blacklist for anti-virus or malware apps

If you login on another region and then go back to your normal one, does that work?

Thank you! This worked straight away

1 Like

I am experiencing this identical issue.
deleting the CachedData.db file did not resolve the issue for me.

same issue. Deleting cache doesn’t work…

Same issue, the reason it’s blank seems to be that it’s trying to open up a window about the halloween event that takes up the screen but for a couple of days I haven’t had news feed boxes popping up for any of my games.

I found that if I log out of Blizzard app and change my region to Europe when it loads up I get the pop-up message, close it, then when I switch back to US I can see the play button.

Still no NewsFeed boxes but I can at least play Overwatch.

As an aside if Blizzard is working on a fix for this I have uninstalled, cleared %appdata%, %localappdata% and %programdata% of all Battlenet or Blizzard files. Anything left in program files, reinstalled twice and it’s still an issue in my Blizzard launcher.

For clarification when I logged in using Europe as the region both the pop-up message and Newsfeed Boxes appeared there like normal, when I switched back to US they did not; but closing the pop-up on Europe made it not be an issue in US.

thank you drizella! this has fixed my problem.

1 Like

something that worked for me was to log out of the blizzard launcher then log back in under a different region and close the pop up on the overwatch page, the play button should reappear.

Mine’s blank too.
Overwatch was working yesterday.

same for me I had the update auto installed maybe that has something to do with it

SAME! Cant find a fix

Same, It’s blank for me too. No clue what’s going on

Same issue here, no play button in sight.

I switched my battlenet too the beta version in the settings and now overwatch works fine.

I get a blank all white screen for the whole app.
I get this error: The procedure entry point ucrtbase._cexit could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-crt-private-|1-1-0.dll.

Never had a problem since game launch. I am assuming its from overwatch Halloween update, as I see it started to do an update. Was working fine yesterday. I uninstalled the battlenet app, then the game once that didn’t work, restarted and still has the same issue…

I just laughed when I saw that, because I knew I wouldn’t be the only one, and overwatch just really wants me to move on from the game I guess. All other games work fine on steam and epic launchers.

Edit: New info from the staff suggests this issue is affecting a specific group of players.