Not a big deal really

I support Blizzard cancelling the PVE skill trees to focus more on the PVP.

56 Likes

wahhh i have to pay money for new content is really all i’m hearing; do you really think you get anything in life for “free”, that’s not how the world works bud, devs don’t spend their time making all this crap to not get paid for it

1 Like

yes, I think it’s the most scandalous part, honestly: they took the hype around PVE very badly and now they ask for money that before we would have gladly given them with those previous ambitions of PVE, because “hey, it’s like you developed a another game but with a high replayability rate thanks to the hero progression system.”

until a few weeks ago, however, they told us very sorry “we’re sorry, it would really have been like developing another game, at least give us confidence in the quality of the game maintained by the battle pass”. and people had given it to him, and lots of it too! maybe even too prematurely, because EVERYONE believed in the utopia we were promised. in the end we will have a story, but not without forgetting how much useless sacrifice there was behind this stop in the development of a live service.

frankly annoying that they come here to tell us “and anyway you still have to pay us for the pve, even if it’s not as complete as we promised you for years and re-promised at the debut of OW2”. as if they hadn’t already stolen our in-game collecting pleasure for a “2” on the title, which goes a long way for a game that stopped doing live services precisely to give quality to PVE (AND NOT THE 5v5 born later).

I can understand the salary of a job… but then let me tell you:

OR you monetize the collecting pleasure like now OR you monetize on the PVE and its lore pleasure. both ABSOLUTELY NOT!

9 Likes

it’s not an event it’s a mission dig dong, that you get permanent access to, it’s literally it’s own stand alone game in a sense, it’s just being released seasonally like destiny does, actually read the info

i didn’t expect a decent reply but you even came in lower than that XD, had to start with insults since you had no defense to what was said, typical bot :robot:

No, they get fired after making record breaking revenue with no pension.
:slightly_smiling_face:

18 Likes

hey bro, corporate world is rough, it’s not just game industry that happens to, especially if you are making a lot of money, you’ll prolly be the first let go if the company isn’t doing well. btw blizz hasn’t made record breaking profits for years now, so idk where you got that info from. there profit margin has been shrinking ever since 2019, we’ll see how 2023 turns out but not looking promising so far

Overwatch 1 didn’t charge for events.

10 Likes

sure industry is tough but fixing it by introducing even more cash grab wont cut it :joy:. So glad I was able to quit this cash cow game.

9 Likes

What they where doesn’t excuse what they are now (still). Being complacent to a obviously flawed system, makes you worse than the perpetrators.

hey bro, in the world of business the only thing that “talks” is the money, ppl can backlash all they want but it’s about who actually pays for stuff that matters. being complacent or not has nothing to do with it, will they make money off of this? if they do then it’s hard to argue that this wasn’t a good move, and if they don’t then vice versa

Well what do you expect companies to do?

Adults with money will pay with their credit cards to play games on their phones. Surely Lil’Timmy will “barrow” his moms credit card and make a harmless purchase or 80.

By the time it matters, lil’Timmy is running rampant with the charges and his mom can’t be bothered because she’s sleeping off her 3rd bottle of wine while daydreaming what her life would have been like if she hadn’t married chad from the dive bar after her last break-up.

The money comes in so easily, its basically jumping out of people’s bank accounts and straight into the Yacht fuel tanks.

Facts

Probably unnecessary existentialism

WHo defends Blizzard to start with? and if so why??

7 Likes

Yes. Just trying to explain to him how the world works.

1 Like

one correction, they’re not blizzard. they haven’t been blizzard since before overwatch was a twinkle in some effeminate mans eye. it’s acti-bliz now and forever, one big evil family. guess we can call them micro-acti-bliz now.

4 Likes

Still doesn’t change the fact that Bobby Kotick is a corrupt CEO that needs to be in jail.

2 Likes

Don’t mind me I’m just stealing the meme above
:man_detective: :man_detective:

3 Likes

It’s almost like people just learned the word shill and use it every chance they get. You guys realize if you have an issue with the company and their game you can just stop playing right? The world doesn’t revolve around you unfortunately.

But instead in your spare time you take to the Overwatch forums instead of doing something else, which is just wild to me.

I’m pretty sure they’re including 1000 OW coins because they probably didn’t want to charge lower than 15USD but knew that if it only included 3 story missions, people would be mad.

I don’t think they added OW coins to lure people into buying battlepass in the future…people don’t get lured that easily.