I bet they're regretting

I’m actually in full agreement. I just posted this for reactions. It’s too bad the forums have very little thoughtful discussion. Maybe I should spend more time on Reddit? Not much of a Reddit guy but maybe it’s better…

3 Likes

Why? Now people who are wrong needs to speak up, and everyone can see how wrong they are and how little water their arguments hold.

Silent lurkers can:

• Mute the thread.

If you cant make a counter argument nobody wants to see your silent disapproval. You can keep it to yourself.

1 Like

Every place has their upsides and downsides imho.

r/Overwatch is pretty nice place, but front page is full of highlights, and balance discussion threads rarely get upvotes. But i guarantee that pretty much all the unconstructive and whiney posts will be downvoted or removed there.

As for competitive subreddit, i personally dislike it because their discussion tends to be extremely one-sided. But they are often talking about balance.

These forums are, in my opinion, often the best place to discuss about game because lack of downvotes means that discussions usually has posts from all different viewpoints. Downside is that you often need to see tons of unconstructive and whiney posts here…

I’d say it’s worth trying every place and see which one you like most.

2 Likes

here is their official stance on the dislike button from a week ago:

THIS.

I posted a lot on the old forums about Mercy and suggested tweaks/significant changes but got downvoted a ton because “lol Mercy main”.

I’m glad that now these people don’t hide behind a dislike button and actually have a debate with me.

2 Likes

Appreciate the feedback

1 Like

Pretty much.

Most unfortunate thing about Mercy discussion is that Blizzard themselves decided to further discourage it with megathread.

There is many things i wished to say about Mercy, and i put months of thought into, but i never even bothered to make post anywhere. I stopped playing Mercy entirely and now i avoid talking about her too.

1 Like

you can say " :-1:" tho…
they are not regretting anything…they probably have office parties that involve reading comments and laughing at people, with beer and snacks, if i worked there i would organize that to make employees have some fun

I haven’t stopped playing Mercy entirely, but I play her A LOT less than I used to.

I can’t believe how ignorant they’ve been towards Mercy and especially her community.

At least I have Symmetra now. I’m just hoping they listen to feedback for once and buff her primary fire a bit.

1 Like

I’d imagine the megathread approach is to limit the repetitiveness and spam of it all. A large part of the repetitiveness is not even rationale or constructive…

This game feels like it’s always been about giving every kid on the soccer field a medal, so I’m not surprised a way to express disapproval is gone.

Still found this post pretty funny though.

1 Like

I would as well.

I’m glad someone did :grin:

The like button is the new dislike button.

Seriously all these thread usually get a snappy first comments which had more likes than the opening post.

1 Like

They get spammed away by people circlejerking on the bad threads, which imo is worse.

Another step forward to a forcedly harmonic society where everyone can talk crap or play like trash and still have his save bubble to ignore counter-arguments. I hate this world.

better without it.
Encourage people to have some guts and speak up instead of downvote and run.

1 Like

I agree that some people just keep spamming, but why not punish people that are actually a problem? Megathread kinda punishes everyone, especially likes of myself who rarely make new threads on these forums.

Yeah, but dislike button doesn’t fix the fact that people keep bumping bad threads with replies.

It’s not forum problem, it’s people problem.

At least those threads often get constructive replies that are worth reading on their own.