I beg, yet again, for Blizzard to -please- address smurfing

I do find smurfs annoying gameplay wise, but my true issue with them is how easily they can circumvent rules. So long as you have a smurf account, you can be toxic, throw and cheat all with the safe piece of mind that if your account gets banned you can just use your other account. It allows players to blatantly ignore rules of the game.

4 Likes

The captain has insisted that the boat has in fact not hit an ice berg, and is actually doing just fine! Please ignore the water pooling at your ankles and return to your leisure activities, everyone!

Straight up just played three matches and back to back each match had no less than 2 smurfs and a maximum of 4 in each one. And yes, I do know how to identify a smurf, it’s the level 4 Doomfist that’s obliterating everyone while his team mocks us in chat about it while our smurfs pat him on the back for what a good job he’s doing because they’re happy to take the loss and keep their account low. It’s not exactly rocket science to see what they’re doing if you, y’know actually play the game at all at an average level where us normal players exist, but that would be asking too much I guess.

1 Like

Wait… isn’t Korea requires that?

If they do, they are doing it right and other countries are still lagging behind way too much.

Gods. Every couple qp games I’m in, if there’s anyone under 1 star I immediately bet they’re a smurf, because in a game witt 4 0stars, 2 of them will inevitably be smurfs in my experience. A level 13 doomfist should not be destroying a team with a silver border. It’s mostly a problem for those of us who have a lower qp mmr, because we have to suffer the smurfs who are here just to roflstomp the rest of us.

2 Likes

It’s because of Korean PC Bangs that allowed for infinite smurfs and cheaters getting their rental PC hardware banned

1 Like

Sorry mate I have to tell you, unfortunately, they won’t do anything to solve it.
They don’t care about people experiences in their game, as long as they sell more accounts.

2 Likes

How laughable to tell someone else what they experience.
I logged in today to play and that is LITERALLY what happened. Every game had 2 or 3 under 30 bronze accounts STEAMROLLING our team of mostly silver/gold border players.
Every… single… game.
After the 5th or 6th game it’s ridiculous. No, they aren’t just playing better. No, it’s not because they killed me. They were obvious high level players trying to ruin lower-mid level player’s game for fun.

2 Likes

If that would be true, how are Gold to GM streams possible? It is so insanely easy to cheat the matchmaker by soft throwing.

1 Like

Somehow devs seem to think that wasting 20 minutes of our valuable spare time does not mean anything and we enjoy this experience.

Where is the Blizzard I once loved and admired? The Blizzard where a great gaming experience and fun were top priority.

1 Like

Murdered and chucked in the dirt by quarterly earnings reports.

1 Like

Dude. I’ve played this game for years and I still haven’t gotten silver border yet. My gameplay is split between PC, Xbox and PS4. What you’re suggesting is just not feasible.

Yeah as I said, maybe that’s too much for casuals…

I’m a casual now but prior to the last few months I was a high Masters/GM player since season 4. My history in this game is well beyond the casual experience.

Usually what you do is unranked to GM and after ranking you get placed in high plat low diamond which is just where you end up if you stomp placements

As for soft throwing, the problem is designing a system to determine when its happening versus when someone is playing badly because they are not as good at a hero.

Maybe that was a bad choice of word.

“Yeah as I said, maybe that’s too much for people who split across 3 devices…

Better?

But why does this mean I shouldn’t be allowed to play competitive? Because my competitive experience, with multiple hours invested in it, is split into 3 platforms; two of which are practically the same. Again, the competitive requirements your suggesting are too harsh.

Does really smurfing outside comp matter?

That’s why I already suggested changing it to 1 month of gameplay to unlock. For me that’s too low though, for you it’s not.

Don’t worry it won’t happen anyway, smurfing makes Blizz too much money, and they seem to want the game to be a “fun for all” arcadey experience, rather than having a serious competitive mode. Let’s face it, comp, smurfing, boosting, soloing, not soloing - it’s all a joke, the game is a lottery, the mmr / sr system is a joke. Terrible players ranked high, good players ranked low. I still play but the game physics are a joke and biased towards the unskilled. “Let’s pick monkey and jump in the middle auto aiming everyone to death”, “Let’s get bastion and sit behind a shield”, “Let’s get junk and ult everyone to death”.

Competitive is indeed absolute clownery right now. This is also why I’ve decided to become a casual player and stopped playing competitive all together. Trust me, the game feels so much better. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes