I am BEGGING you

…to make refusal to switch/change their approach a reportable offense, even if all it does is place them in a lower priority queue. The sheer number of games that are lost because people are so stubborn and so consumed with the idea that what they’re doing “is fine” is just stupid. I’ve lost so many games because I’m stuck main healing or tanking and no one will pick a stun to counter people who are so EASILY countered by stuns. It’s so very simple, but people refuse because they just HAVE to be a doomfist/genji/hanzo/widow one trick.
I want your competitive queue to actually feel like a competitive queue. I want to feel like I’m playing with and against people of relatively similar skill levels. And for the love of god I want to be on teams with people who counter pick.

3 Likes

I watch the twitch stream of getquakedon today playing doomfist. He was on a winning streak of games where there were 4 dps many times. It didn’t matter even in top 500 level games because he was ranked like 350 or so while I was watching him.

5 Likes

Congratulations, you know how to counterpick. Now, stop focusing on your teammates refusal to do so, and focus more on what you could be doing better.

6 Likes

Except you don’t actually know if that person really is “Causing” your loss or not.

How often do you see someone ragged on or bashed for not switching only to come up in the end with a Card for 4 medals or best healing or PotG? Not saying those automatically mean good player either.

That’s just stuff you can see in the stats. How about that Sombra “doing nothing” But it turns out she farmed EMP, turned off the enemy and left the rest of you steam roll the point? How about the Tank that’s “Too aggressive” except that one time the rest of the team actually went WITH them the fight was over before it began.

There’s no way for you, from the first person perspective of your one character, can accurately judge someone else’s performance to a level where reporting them would be fair or acceptable.

If I had a dollar for everytime someone bashed a player for “Doing nothing” only to find out they were near carrying, I’d be happy.

8 Likes

They’re not going to enforce hero selection / counterpicking, no matter how many times people cry “soft throw” and “team based game” and “competitive game”. Nor should they. You need to worry about you.

2 Likes

You could always, ya know, swap who you’re playing over to Orisa or Ana, who both have CC and fall under the common categorizations of main tank and healer respectively.

Boom problem solved.

I agree that not swapping is often selfish and egotistical, but if you’re begging your teammates to swap to take care of something for you, you are quite literally falling into the same boat you’re putting them in.

3 Likes

I remember thinking to myself “let’s watch some T500 twitch streamers, see what they’re playing and why they’re so good.”

8/10 games were the wonkiest comps I’ve ever seen, with an above average winrate. Anything is possible.

Don’t tell me to swap off Widow,
Coolbreeze

5 Likes

Yeah, lower ranked people HIGHLY overrate how necessary team comps are. There’s enough room to outplay opponents heavily, that a 3/3 or 2/2/2 is no where near necessary.

7 Likes

Absolutely, the comps DO work if everyone is proficient with the hero they’re on, but then we’re back to the issue of “play your best heroes”. Everyone on your team are tank/support mains? GOATS IT IS!

Don’t tell me to swap off Widow,
Coolbreeze

1 Like

I remember two games from last night:

First one we had Widow, either McCree or Genji I don’t remember, Torb, Sym, Ana, Zen. We won.

Second one I don’t remember the rest of the team but our tank lineup was D.va and Zarya… We also won.

This is in GM btw. :joy:

2 Likes

2 things

1st
let people play what they want in a video game

2nd
you aready CAN report it, infact u can report for anything since blizzard has automated ban system, but if ur that fragile that u have to report someone for playing the game go ahead.

3 Likes

Well the forum logic is if you’re good, no matter what, you’ll climb. So throwers, smurfs, leavers, etc. doesn’t matter. It’s all about YOU.

Which is total BS. The match making system and team dynamics are broken plain and simple.

The game is designed for well oiled, well co-ordinated teamplay like esports. Us recreational pick-up plebs are just beta testers.

Ow solo queue isn’t 6v6, it’s 1v11.

Navigating your goofy team mates is as big a part of the game as trying to beat the enemy team.

6 stack on comms is proper OW, but that’s super rare.

1 Like

There is no such thing as a “too agressive tank”. There is however a too slow team.

(Accidentally deleted my comment. On phone.)

i’m BEGGING you to make demanding for switches based on your own preferences and poor understanding before the game even started a reportable offense.
the sheer number of games lost because someone threw a tantrum because they didn’t get a mercy pocketing them is just stupid.

yeah too lazy to continue

and if you want people to play what you want go to lfg make a group and play little dictator there

i keep playing what I think is best not what someone else thinks is best, even on the offchance i might be wrong from time to time. not like you can’t adjust later in the game

2 Likes

Oh, there definitely is. But in this case it was me taking Rein through Hotel on King’s Row, popping out the back, using Shatter on the Bunker, killing Bastion and Orisa before a Hanzo killed me and then realizing my entire team stayed back at the choke for some reason. Then started complaining about how I needed to not be so aggressive.

They were simply too slow.

I always spam match chat with, “The ForUms ToLD mE tHis WouLd woRk!!1!”

After getting stomped as a 5+ dps team comp.

Who are you to decide what people are allowed to play and what not?

And why do you think you somehow know better than the player themselves? And why should they be punished for not subjecting to your whims?

Nobody should ever have that kind of power. Unfortunately people still report others for not switching to their preferences.

2 Likes