I am at 600 SR to get to gold I need 1500 SR

He’s not trying to hurt you, he’s telling you what you need to hear if you actually want to climb: the only solution is to improve yourself.

This is a major source of your problem. You’re not better than your teammates.
You can’t carry and you should stop trying to achieve that. You can be a good teammate, though.

1 Like

So, what is correct now? I am confused? Carry? Getting better or be a team-mate? Help me here, I need to know

Come on dude, it’s not that serious.
If the game is “hurting” you, then maybe it’s time to find something else.

It took me from season 1 to season 15 or 16, but I was able to climb from silver to masters. Mostly solo queue. I was stuck in gold/plat for probably 10 or 11 seasons. Why? I was complacent. Didn’t really care. Just enjoyed playing the game. Blamed my team mates and didn’t focus on what I was doing wrong. I wasn’t making an effort to get better, therefore I stayed my rank. It wasn’t until like season 10 or so that I made a conscious decision to get better and really pushed and made an effort to learn the game better and climb. I watched videos, I recorded my gameplay, I worked on my aim. Eventually, I got diamond around season 11. Then, after a couple season establishing myself in diamond, I got masters. I climbed because I simply got better at the game. There is no other alternative answer if you are looking for one. There is no magical way to climb. That is the only way.

If you put the time and effort into getting better, and you truly want to get better, you will.

5 Likes

Read again or have somebody read it for you, will you?

So, now tell me again. Where do I complain about others?

I would personally say to record a couple of your games and share them with others to get them reviewed, you can also do it yourself but I highly suggest getting another person to review it, preferably a higher rater player. This way they can see what mistakes you make and weaknesses that you can improve on.

For example if your weakness is your positioning you start thinking more about where to position yourself to your effective range and in such a way that you take less damage. Think about it like this: If the whole enemy team is using Mccree’s Deadeye, are you able to quickly hide behind cover? If not, then the current position is not good. Shields are an exception of course.

If Aiming is an issue, you can either spend time ingame playing Free for all on your hero or use an Aim Trainer such as Kovaaks to be able to train a lot of different scenarios such as Flicking and Tracking to improve incredibly fast.

To carry, it requires you to have exceptional mechanics and be better than your opponents mechanical wise.

3 Likes

So, I should neglect my team, get better, carry and eventually climb the ladder? Ok, this is what I have tried, but maybe, I should try it again. Thanks

If you are trying to get better then you will if you take the proper steps needed. If you aren’t trying to implicitly blame your team mates or matchmaking or whatever, then what is the purpose of this thread? Advice? If that’s the case, I already gave you the best advice I could give. Are you seeking pity? If so, I have none for people complaining about being stuck in their rank on the forums. I’ve seen all of the “adversities” that everyone complains about and still climbed. I know I’m not alone.

If you want advice, I strongly recommend uploading a video. Otherwise, there’s nothing we can do to help you.

3 Likes

Actually, yes, I was seeking pity, since you have none, venture on and be blessed. Farewell, friend

2 Likes

This is not a good place for that. Good luck with your climb.

5 Likes

Nono xD. I am not saying to neglect your team completely. What I mean is focus on yourself, on your own mistakes and weaknesses and improve on those. Generally in Bronze/Silver there is no teamwork, so it is all about individual performance. When you get higher up Plat+ is where teamwork is a complete necessity.

I am myself a recent Mid Diamond DPS player at around 3370 SR and was able to climb from Low Plat 2650 to here after getting some of my VOD’s reviewed and working on my weaknesses.

Just to give you an example of carrying, I quite recently played a little on my brothers account which was 2020 SR in Gold DPS and I was EASILY carrying matches there while using Ashe, always got all Gold medals and over 20-25K Damage as well as POTG each game. I easily got his account to around 2700 SR and then stopped, since I felt quite bad xD

1 Like

I admire good players like you and hope to get there one day. Since I am quite young, it seems I can achieve what you have achieved one day. Thank you again sir and god bless

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words! I am actually only 18 :sweat_smile:. Anyways I do believe that you can achieve that and even higher! <3 If you need any of your VODs reviewed, mention me/message and I will gladly have a look. I am Always happy to help =]

1 Like

Honestly, gold is awful and I am stuck in it. You’ll be more stressed in gold I bet. The reason is because gold houses the most amount of OW players compared to any other rank. So there’s players of all skill levels and games are always a roller coaster… don’t feel depressed being in bronze. You’ll eventually get out.

1 Like

Actually I switched from soloQ to six stack and the fun level has risen tremendously. Play with others and your games are more fun, now I know.

Hi. Hardstuck 600sr here. I’m there because not one of the 11 other people in 7/10 matches is even properly as low as silver rank. It is almost 100% hidden mmr driven with sr being some kind of false label.

2 Likes

I did not play overwatch for almost 6 months because I had to go overseas for school but glad to see that the same “my SR doesn’t reflect my skill level” is still present.

Even though we have now role queues with different SR for each, there’s still the same whining that’s present.

Maybe, just maybe, the problem lies in something fundamental you lack whether it be a good mouse, good sensitivity, good monitor, good internet connection etc.

I’ve taken countless bronze accounts that were “hardstuck” to plat so clearly, it’s not a problem to get out of bronze. Maybe plat or diamond there is but you aren’t even there to complain about being “hardstuck” or a “conspiracy” to keep you down.

2 Likes

I am very happy for you and I am convinced, your family will be proud to have you in their ranks. You are a shining beacon of excellence. Let me commend you for a job well done.
Huzzah

Bad comp, high sens, new to fps.

What have you done to improve your skills? Do you expect the system to reward you with higher skill rating just by playing more hours?

2 Likes

I was in bronze (sub 1000 SR) for a season or 2. You might have a hardware issue. Once I upgraded my PC I found that my reaction times / aim were a lot better with the smoother graphics.

Also If you are looking to increase SR it may not be a good idea to play heroes you have bad win % with. I lost a lot of SR trying to play Rein a lot ( I have consistent sub 50% win rate - which indicates I’m not good at him).

Your profile shows 3 hrs moira with abysmal 39% win rate, but you have almost an hr on monkey with 69% win rate, so maybe you should try to play him more if harambe works for you.

2 Likes