I already miss old Sym

I am afraid that the Torbjorn bit is true. The areas I was shooting the turrets to didn’t have any allies and the turrets were too high otherwise. Plus I distinctly saw the targeting laser from the Torb turret aim at them, destroy them and snap back to my allies afterwards.

If the turrets close enough for Mei’s spray or Roadhogs primary then they both could just one punch the turrets anyways since they are so close range.

New Sym is awesome and definitely speeds up her kit so it gets more in line with the game’s current state.

Syms turrets are now the most polarizing thing in the game. That 30 HP if at a decent distance makes them completely impossible for heroes that already had some problems dealing with them, and STILL a joke for the same characters they were a joke for before.

Barely anything changed, except for making Hogs, Tracers, Reapers, D.va’s, and Genji’s lives a lot harder.

Yes, this is the same than before: No spread weapons do the same at shorter or longer ranges, so you cant notice the difference between killing 1hp turrets or 30hp ones.
But with old symmetra, spread weapons could break them all at mid range. Now it s more difficult, except if the three turrets are at the same point.

And I would lile to know the opinion of Winston mains of this. His weapon do 60 HP to multiple targets, so he lasts 0.5 seconds in kill three turrets without aim. Before, he lasted one click, but maybe he had to kill 6 turrets in 2 or three clicks. What is more dangerous for Winston, old turrets or new ones?

I get where you’re coming from. I do miss what I could do with it.

I am also fascinated by what I can do with the current ult (outside of payload maps, really). I’ve found it interesting at how the fight goes when I call out to my team, “I’m using ult in the middle. Fight in and out of the barrier.”

It’s a major advantage to essentially have a massive Rein/Orisa barrier to dip in and out of while capturing a point.

Here’s what I think they should do. Keep the 30 HP. Keep the turret throwing mechanic. Keep the extra range on the beams. Return the amount to 6 and revert the slow, damage, and charge rate back to what it was.

Yeah, you definitely have not played against new symm. There is a BIG difference. When you peak to kill a turret you can no longer just tap on it, which means you need to stay out for longer. If you’re in range of the turret, which you often have to be because of its positioning, you’ll be taking damage that whole time and it really adds up now. You’ll find yourself losing almost all of your hp just to take out a group of 3 turrets, which means you need to get healed or find a health pack.

As someone who thought Sym 1.0 was fine and Sym 2.0 was not needed but still good, I can simply say, Sym 3.0 is absolute trash.

Without a shield, she is easily eliminated from the battlefield. Instead of a front/midline enforcer, she now has to sit in the back, where she seems to be less effective.

Her turrets are easily broken in mid flight, nullifying the entire value of one of her secondary abilities, and now that she has to sit towards the back thanks to a lack of shield, it’s almost guaranteed that the turrets will die mid flight to any random damage.

This is the big one. I HAVE NOT gotten any substantial build on her damage! I have looked SQUARE AT a turret and delivered what felt like zero damage. If you so much as GLANCE away from a target, you instantly lose the charge you’ve built, so you never get any level above her starting damage. “Like Zarya” my eye. Zarya builds charge through clever use of her secondaries. Symmetra’s current build is so aim dependent, console players might as well skip playing her, because the mechanic of aiming on console will automatically keep you from building the trademake Sym damage. AND we console players have to bind a key to even use her teleport, even if you’re not playing Sym I had to unbind “group up at the objective” just to make it so I can use the teleport!

In short, Sym is now a pain in the a$$ for console players to play.

3 Likes

Putting the ult down the line your’re running also allows for ducking back and forth while charging,

3 Likes

You’re a saint, I’m going to try that more on payload maps now.

I miss not winning with Symmetra on my team. Oh wait, that’s right I don’t miss that at all.
New Symmetra is best Symmetra.

I like the new secondary fire. I also don’t mind the new primary fire. The new ult is cool.

Don’t like the teleport and the fact I only have 3 turrets now =/

So I have been playing the new Sym and been enjoying her very much but some people still don’t get the new Sym.

Sym Shouldn’t be considered as a Melee style hero anymore.

Sure, you can but it should really be use for when attacked by Flankers or with her new Ult or other rare occasions. Else think of it like a Better Torb’s Hammer.

Sym really should be focusing on 4 things.

1. Keeping Turrets up in choke points. (And other Turret related things, (this will Needs it’s own list for management of Turrets.)) Think of them as Junkrat’s Trap.

2. Make Sure you make effective use of your Teleporter. Spam it when possible. (Other related Teleporter things, again needs it own list.) Basically think of it now as a Translocater for everyone.

3. Spam the fully charged Orbs but calculate the paths Enemies take, just like Pharah. You always want to be at a long distance away for the best effectiveness. Spam tiny orbs at mid range but retreat if there is two or more enemies.

4. Charge your Ult and use it at the perfect time. Like at a push or against a push or when Ults are used. Think of it like a Defense Matrix.

I say just give us 1 more turret. Then we have more coverage and will have a total of 200 DPS rather than the old 180 DPS. Oh and rduce turret CD to 8 seconds.

2 Likes

I have 65+ hours on old Sym and i’m just… i’m so defeated by this rework that I’m pretty much dropping the character :disappointed_relieved:

I gave her a fair shot but my poor reaction time and inability to aim hinders me so much that I feel i’d be better off just playing Moira/Mercy/Torb like I have been for months.

Now I’ve just got one less character I feel confident on…

2 Likes

M1 needs redesign, TP and turrets need QOL and little tweaking and with a new ultimate sym would be balanced.

1 Like

So it’s a very specific buff against Mei at this point.

I wouldn’t go that far. You can put a wall up next to the turrets, and they’ll fire on the wall. You can then use whichever attack you choose to knock them out.

The turret aiming is just like Torbs turret, give it a closer target and it’ll attack it. I’ve been using this tactic with my teleporter, placing it next to the turret nest so that I have time to take it out without being killed almost instantly.

I try to do this when I see a friendly being targeted by the turrets, unfortunately though, sometimes players will attempt to use the TP and get fried instead of it :stuck_out_tongue:

Please do watch this very excellent video celebrating the power and potential and beauty of Symmetra 2.0:

Myself? I’m OK with moving forward. 600 hours on Sym 2.0, can’t say I didn’t get my money’s worth. I have an awful lot of muscle memory to undo; it will probably be weeks before I learn to stop hitting that Photon Barrier.

Working on it. Onwards and upwards.

PS: I guess I hit level 3 trust level on these forums, the same day that Blizzard took my beloved Sym 2.0 away forever. It also just happens to be my birthday. Such is life… she gives, she takes away.

GLHF everyone. I love all of you.

2 Likes